Chapter 2

Y/N'S POV

  I was woken up by Tyler grabbing me roughly.

  He said,"Hey. You should've been up an hour ago. Hurry up and make me some breakfast."

  I sighed and said,"Okay. What do you want?"

  Tyler sent me a look, and I just got up. I stretched and headed out of the bedroom. What I would do if I could leave, but it always seemed so impossible.
  I didn't have the courage or strength because I just wasn't made with either one of those things.

  I grabbed my phone off the counter and opened YouTube before I put on a gospel playlist. I would listen to anyone from Firk Franklin to Tamela Mann.
  I sung to myself, as I made pancakes and eggs. As I was finishing the eggs, Tyler grabbed my phone.

  I said,"Hey, what are you doing?"

  Tyler turned off the gospel music and said,"I don't want to hear all that, Y/N. You need better taste in music."

  I said in my head,"You need to be saved and learn about Jesus."

  I knew if I said it to him, then I would already be at a disadvantage. I just sung in my head and finally finished making breakfast. I gave Tyler his plate; he grabbed my arm very tightly.

  I frowned and painfully got out,"T..Tyler, you're..you're hurting me. I put everything on there."

  Tyler let go of my arm, but it was already a dark red, which was beginning to show over my brown/black skin. ( Either one works for whatever you guys look like/are. If neither is you, then just fill in whatever your skin color is. I mean no disrespect by it, everyone. Promise.)
  I walked over to the sink and ran some water over it before I sat down in Tyler's lap. If I didn't, he would find some way to use it against me.

  Tyler ate his food, and I wasn't very hungry. I would wait until Tyler left. Tyler rubbed my arms, and I just looked to the side.

  Tyler still had my phone, and I asked him,"Can I have my phone back?"

  Tyler chuckled and said,"Why? So, you can talk to people who don't even want to talk to you?"

  Tears formed in my eyes, and Tyler said,"I'm helping you out, so be glad I care. Say thank you."

  I said,"Thank you."

  Tyler handed me back my phone, and I got up. I took his plate and washed the dishes. Tyler walked up to the front door and opened it.
  When he did open it, I spotted a young African American woman, who looked to be around the same age as me.

  Tyler smirked and began to flirt with her, but given how close they were, I would say he had done it plenty of times before.

  Lucky me, huh?

  I just focused back on the dishes, and Tyler said from the front door,"Hey, Y/N. I'm going out. Just have those dishes done by the time I get back."

  After Tyler left, I washed the rest of the dishes, but I was too tired to dry them. I would be in trouble if I didn't.

  C'mon, Y/N. It's for your own good.

  When I went to dry the dishes, there was a knock on the door. I walked up to the door and looked through the hole to see Erik.
  I didn't even realize I had tears falling down my face, until I felt them falling onto my hand. I just wiped my face the best I could and opened the door.