Chapter 16

ABOUT THREE MONTHS LATER...

   ERIK'S POV

  About three months had passed since my attempt to take over Wakanda and be king, but I wanted to make things right. T'Challa and I were on better terms, yet I had a feeling it would take more than three months just for us to get comfortable with one another. We had two completely different ways of seeing things; however, we were family. I knew how happy it made Y/N to see us getting along. That was my motivation to try harder every single day.

  Speaking of Y/N, I decided on proposing to her today. I knew today was the day. I was going to ask her, even if I had to talk myself into keeping my word. Shuri distracted Y/N for me, while T'Challa helped set everything up for Y/N. Every day that girl grew more beautiful, and I fell harder, too. By the look on T'Challa's face, he knew I was thinking about her.

  I just sent him an awkward smile and said,"Umm..thank you, T'Challa."

  He nodded and said,"You're welcome, N'Jadaka. It is the least I can do. I am not my father, and I intend on making things right between us. You do not have to worry about us destroying Wakanda."

  I chuckled at his joke, and he rested his hand on my shoulder saying,"Erik, I really am sorry about what my father did to you. I know I say it a lot, but I just want you to understand that if it had been me then I-"

  I said,"I know. I better get ready for Y/N."

  He immediately left, and I fixed my tie. I had never been this nervous before, and I already knew Y/N would look better than me. The second she walked in, she didn't even have to try. She rushed to me and jumped on me, attacking me in kisses.

  I smiled and said,"Hey, baby. Missed me that much?"

  She chuckled and nodded immediately.

  She noticed the setup and asked me,"Erik, what is going on?"

  I made her get off me gently before getting down on one knee. I knew guys normally did the whole dinner thing, but I felt like I didn't need it to know she was appreciated by me.

  She gasped before tears fell down her face.

  She asked me,"Erik, am I dreaming? You..You really want to marry ME?"

  I nodded and said,"I have thought of nothing more for the last couple of weeks. All that time we spent together, baby, and all the things that have happened... I want you to continue to be near me and for me. I want you to be more than just my girlfriend. I want you to be my wife and give me some kids."

  She laughed at my tone, and I smiled at her before I finished saying,"I know you are it, Y/N, and there's no reason why I should doubt that feeling. Will you marry me?"

  She jumped on me and almost made me drop the ring before I slid it onto her finger. She attacked me in kisses again and just broke out into a sob. I held her for what seemed like forever, but I knew we would work out just fine.