Chapter 13

Y'all know what lies ahead, but here's what I can do: I can either find some way to keep Erik alive or I can keep Erik's fate like the movie? The choice is yours, but I need your feedback now so I can plan ahead.                

   ERIK'S POV

  Y/N couldn't see it now, but this win would be for her. She had been through enough already, and she would finally be on top. Not having to worry about anyone being over her. There was no way I was letting Tyler get back near her again. There would be no stopping my rage in that moment.
  Y/N stood on the opposite side, and I could see the worry in her eyes. I walked up to her and pulled her in for a kiss.

  She kissed me back and held on for some time before she mumbled,"I love you, N'Jadaka."

  I replied,"I love you, too. Don't worry. I'll win this. Then, you won't have to worry about anything anymore."

  She smiled at me and said,"Erik, I-"

  I sent her an apologetic smile before I headed back down to win my title as king. I wasn't going to let T'Challa ruin this for me and my girl.

    Y/N'S POV

  T'Challa studied Erik's movements and said to him,"This is your last chance. Throw down your weapon and we can handle this another way."

  Erik put down both of his weapons and explained to T'Challa,"I lived my entire life waitin' for this moment. I trained, I lied, I killed just to get here. I killed in America. Afghanistan. Iraq."

  Erik took off his shirt and them muscles were something. I double blinked, and Erik caught me staring.

  He sent me a wink, but he looked back at T'Challa saying,"I took life from my own brothers and sisters right here on this continent. And all this death.. Just so I could kill you."

  Once Zuri announced that the challenge had begun, Erik immediately came off strong against T'Challa. T'Challa put up a good fight. I could see why he was so praised here, given he seemed like he had that good leader kind of vibe to him.
  I could tell Erik meant what he said about his training, too, because he was good. When he started to have the advantage over T'Challa, I noticed how aggressive he was. His anger began to come out stronger than I had ever seen, which made his attacks against T'Challa more brutal.

  What surprised me was when Zuri came out and admitted that he was the cause of Erik's father's death. Knowing Erik, I knew he wasn't going to let that slide. When he took Zuri's life and T'Challa leaned over Zuri, calling his name, I realized what Erik had become. Who he could be.
  I turned to see T'Challa's sister and mother with tears in their eyes, hoping T'Challa could pull through. I wanted to intervene so badly, but I didn't know how.

  Erik carried T'Challa over to the edge of the waterfall and threw him.

  The others left, and I looked back at Erik, who said,"Nah. I'm your king."

  Erik held out his hand for me, and I stepped down carefully before taking his hand.
  Erik pulled me close and hugged me before I hugged him back.

  He whispered in my ear,"I won. For us. Go get some rest. I'll be there in a minute."

  Erik obtained Okoye's attention, whom I had met earlier, and he said,"Lead her to my room. Make sure she makes it there."

  Okoye led me to what would be Erik's room, then I got ready to call it a night. I had trouble going to sleep, given I was worried about talking to Erik about this.
  This wasn't the Erik that saved me from Tyler, who was nothing but sweet. He was almost a different person, but there were still parts of him that were the same. I just didn't know what to say and what not to say to him.

  When Erik joined me, he said,"You happy, Y/N? You're on top now. You don't have to worry about Tyler. We're together. I can still watch your back."

  I nodded, and Erik mumbled,"Good. Tomorrow, we move forward."