Chapter 15

Y/N'S POV

  After Erik locked me in the room, I paced in front of the bed as I tried to figure out how to get out of here. I knew what Erik was capable of. I knew I was running out of time every second I was in this room. How could I escape out of this room? I looked around for any vents, but then I spotted someone out in the distance.

  It was Black Panther. Wait. I thought T'Challa was dead? Well, it looked like he was back now. I knew Erik had his eyes trained on him right this second. It looked like my only escape option was the window. I grabbed a chair and threw it at the window. The window didn't budge at all. I had to throw the chair a couple of times for it to work. I cheered in response and took a deep breath before I jumped out of the window.

  I slid down the exterior and fell inside one of the open window frames. I got up slowly and rushed out into the hallway. If I was going to face Erik, I needed armor or something in case this backfired. I needed Shuri. Shuri didn't know me so well, but she was the best chance I had at stopping Erik. However, I wouldn't need Shuri if I just went and took a suit.

  I went down to Shuri's lab and grabbed a suit before I put on the necklace.

  The suit appeared around my body, and I said to myself,"Whoa, this is pretty cool."

  I snapped out of it and looked everywhere for T'Challa or Erik. When I saw Shuri, I rushed over to her and spotted T'Challa and Erik fighting. I was knocked over, and Shuri was ready to hit me with another blow.

  I showed her my face, and she said,"Y/N, what are you doing here? You aren't going to hurt my brother, too."

  I said,"I'm not here for that. I need to get down there and talk to Erik, Shuri. Please. I can get him to stop."

  Shuri asked me,"And if you're wrong?"

  I sighed and said,"Then, Erik will get himself killed out of anger and I will go back home. I will probably end up depressed again. Please."

  Shuri nodded and said,"Y/N?"

  I looked at her, and she sent me a small smile saying,"You also have me. Now, go stop this."

  I smiled back at her and my slight fear of heights slightly vanished when I jumped down. I landed in between T'Challa and Erik, who both looked at me in confusion.

  When I let them see my face, Erik yelled,"Y/N, I TOLD YOU NOT TO LEAVE THAT ROOM!! IT ISN'T SAFE! I'M TRYING TO PROTECT YOU!!"

  I yelled back,"AND I'M TRYING TO FIGHT FOR THE MAN I LOVE!! ERIK, YOU AREN'T PROTECTING ME IF YOU'RE JUST GOING TO END UP DEAD!!"

  Erik pushed me out of the way as the train approached us.

  I groaned, and Erik yelled,"GO, NOW!!"

  I said,"NO!! YOU NEED TO STOP THIS RIGHT NOW!! T'CHALLA DIDN'T KILL YOUR FATHER, SO DON'T TAKE IT OUT ON HIM!! ERIK, IT'S OVER!!! JUST LISTEN TO ME AND LET ME TELL YOU WHAT TO DO!!"

  At this point, T'Challa realized I was distracting Erik and cornered him. T'Challa held him still, while Erik kept fighting against him. I knew he was stubborn, so I figured I would have to play his game too. T'Challa sent me a look. After he sent me a look, I kneed Erik in the stomach.

  Erik groaned, and I used my stern voice saying,"This is ridiculous, Erik. Either you listen to me right now, or I let T'Challa beat you into thinking clearly. Erik, I get that you're mad, but he's your family. T'Challa wants to make this right. Stand down, and it will work out. Violence isn't the answer and killing millions of other people isn't the way either. Also, if you don't listen to me, I will dump you right here in front of T'Challa."

  Erik coughed and said,"Okay. Okay. I just wanted you to be on top, baby. You deserve it more than anyone else."

  I hugged Erik and said,"It doesn't matter if I don't have you with that, Erik. Apologize to T'Challa."

  Erik sent me a look; I sent him one right back.

  He sighed and said,"I'm sorry, T'Challa."

  T'Challa smiled at me and then looked at Erik replying,"It is all right. I understand. My father left you without your own father and I cannot bring him back, but I can let you stay."

  Erik looked shocked, and T'Challa said,"Or I can let Y/N decide what happens to you."