Chapter 3

Y/N'S POV

  The next morning, I woke up earlier than I normally do. When I reached to get my phone, nothing was there. Instantly, I sat up and looked over to the side of my bed. My phone wasn't where I left it. Immediately, I searched everywhere around the room, until I decided to see if Tyler was up yet. He was, which would only make this harder.
  However, he was on the phone. My phone. This was another close moment when I had hoped that I had asked for forgiveness for anything I had wished upon Tyler, so God could do whatever to stop Tyler from seeing my messages between Erik and me. I mean, his name wasn't placed inside my phone. Hopefully, that was good enough.

  Tyler noticed me staring, and I acted like I was thinking about something. I turned around and headed into the kitchen to get myself a banana, but there wasn't anymore. I did notice a female on the couch, which was the girl Tyler left with yesterday. I rolled my eyes and heard the doorbell go off.

  Tyler said,"Y/N, go get the door. I'm not getting it. I'm on the phone."

  The second I turned, I rolled my eyes and looked through the peephole to see Erik, but he had roses in his hands.

  I turned to see the woman had woken up. Tyler, with his messed up self, was caressing her cheek. I snuck out the door immediately, and Erik looked worried.

  I said,"What?"

  Erik replied,"I called you like ten times, and you didn't answer. I thought Tyler had done something dreadful to you. Don't do that again. I thought we were friends."

  I smiled at Erik and said,"We're friends? Okay, and I'm sorry. Tyler has my phone. He is on the phone with someone, and that girl from yesterday is in there, too."

  Erik held out the flowers for me to take; I took them.

  I said,"They're beautiful, but I can't take them in there. He'll see."

  Erik suggested,"How about I keep them until you hang out with me later?"

  I chuckled and asked him,"Are you making plans without my consent, Erik?"

  Erik smiled at me and said,"Maybe. Are you accepting my plans or are you declining?"

  I answered,"I'm going to accept. Just pray that Tyler has something to do later. Where are we hanging out at?"

  Erik asked me,"Do you like to skate?"

  I replied,"I am a little rusty at it, but I do like to skate."

  Erik said,"Good. Good. I will call you and let you know when I am going to meet you. I have to-"

  Erik was cut off when we both heard someone say,"Y/N?"

  We both turned, and it was my sister. She was about 4 years older than me. She was a doctor, which meant she had a lot to deal with on a normal day basis. I was quite surprised to see her here. It had been so long since the last time I saw her.

  She noticed Erik and said,"Who's this? This Tyler?"

  I snorted, which caused Erik to laugh, and I said,"No. This is not Tyler. This is Erik. He's my friend. Erik, this is my sister, Y/S/N." ( If you don't have a sister, make up a name and act like you do. Or just think of your best friend who is like your sister.)

  Erik shook my sister's hand, and she smiled at him saying,"Y/N, you sure you two won't be together one day? I mean, he's cute. He's handsome. This Tyler better be more good looking than this or have better manners. If not, we are gonna have to have a talk. A real talk."

  Erik smiled at my sister, but I looked away from Erik, trying to hide my embarrassment.

  Erik said,"Well, Y/N, I'm gonna get ready to hang out later. I will call you. It was nice meeting you, Y/S/N."

  She smiled and said,"You, too, Erik."

  Erik turned and made his way to the stairs to the next floor.

  Y/S/N nudged me and said,"Girl, you better go and get him. Shoot, guys like that don't just come around often. Geez, you keep playing around, and I'll dump Andrew for Erik."

  I said,"Okay, enough, Y/S/N. I get it. You haven't even met Tyler yet."

  When I said that, I wanted to throw up in my own mouth.

  I knocked on the door, and Tyler opened it rudely saying,"What?"

  Y/S/N replied,"Uh, excuse me. I hope you don't talk to my sister like that often."

  Tyler chuckled and said,"And what is she going to do? She won't do anything. Y/N, come on. Fix me some dinner before me and my girl leave."

  Y/S/N looked like she wanted to jump Tyler, but she looked over at me. I sighed and walked inside, but then Tyler smirked at Y/S/N. He closed the door in her face, and I fixed dinner for Tyler. While I fixed dinner, I was just thinking about getting the chance to hang out with Erik.