Chapter 8

ERIK'S POV

  Finally. Y/N and I would be able to communicate again. Well, hopefully, she would say "yes" to becoming my girlfriend, but we had had some time away from one another. The more I thought about it, the more I began to sweat through my suit.

  Y/S/N elbowed me in the stomach and yelled,"Get it together, Erik!! Don't embarrass yourself before you even go on your date. I want you to be my brother-in-law. Don't mess this up."

  I chuckled and nodded, but I explained to Y/S/N,"I will try my best not to, but it all depends on how she responds to me."

  Y/S/N just smiled at me and motioned behind me. I turned, and Y/N was standing at my front door, waiting on me.

  Y/S/N whispered in my ear,"The flowers, Erik."

  I rushed into my bedroom to get them and walked up to Y/N, handing them to her.

  She smiled really big and said,"T..Thank you, Erik. Sorry about the tears, I just.."

  I grabbed her hand and reassured her,"No. Don't apologize. You haven't had something like this in a long time. I promise you I will make you feel like a true princess. I mean it."

  Y/N kissed my cheek and hugged her sister before we headed down to my car. I held open the door for Y/N, then she actually just got in. The first time, when I did this a while ago, she was scared to even get in.
  I smiled at the memory and closed her door, then I hopped into the driver's seat.

  I put on my seat belt, and I asked her,"What did you tell Tyler?"

  Y/N looked over at me and said,"You know while we weren't talking, I had some sense knocked into me. Don't know if it was God or not, but I realized I don't always have to do what he tells me to. Every hit or blow I take, I try to learn from it. I have, which is why I stood up to Tyler again. He fought me for it, but I think I won the fight this time."

  I was proud of Y/N for standing up to Tyler, but I was afraid there was a reason he wasn't barging out here now. Because of that, I drove off and focused on having this date with Y/N.

  Y/N chuckled and said,"Erik, please. Don't do that worrying thing about me again. I'm fine. I'm going on this date with you now, right?"

  I replied to Y/N,"I know. That's what scares me, but I've been wanting to talk to you anyway."

  Once we made it to the restaurant, I checked the time and jogged over to Y/N's side. She got out herself, but she linked her arm in my own.
  I smiled at her and walked her inside before we were led to our table. I helped Y/N sit down, and I sat down next.

  Y/N asked me,"Um, Erik?"

  I looked up at Y/N, and she admitted to me,"I don't want to look stupid. What do I do? Do I sit like this?"

  I sighed and took her hand across the table saying,"You could never look stupid. Not as beautiful as you are, and you are sitting just fine."

  Y/N smiled at me and nodded before I helped her decide what she wanted to eat. She and I both went with a steak and Y/N could eat, which made me gaze at her.

   Y/N'S POV

  I had forgotten how good it was to have steak, given I didn't eat stuff like this often. I was almost done, and Erik just gazed at me.

  I looked down, slightly embarrassed, and Erik said,"No. Don't do that. I'm just trying to understand how someone like Tyler could treat you so badly? Well, treat a woman so badly. You need to leave him before he tries something else. You've been with him too long."

  I knew Erik would do this with me, and I sighed, explaining to him,"Erik, I can't just leave. We've talked about this. He could hurt me again. Honestly, I don't know how much more I can take."

  Erik slammed his fists down on the table. I jumped, clearly frightened.

  He said,"Sorry. I'm sorry. You won't have to worry about that if you stayed with me. Y/N, I can protect you. I can make you happy. I can be your rock. Please. Y/N, be my girlfriend?"

  I was so lost for words. I didn't know what to say. Tears began to build in my eyes, and it was because I wanted Erik so much. However, a part of me was still scared of Tyler. What he could do to me if he found out.

  Erik ran his thumb across my knuckles and admitted to me,"Y/N, I've been in love with you for some time now, and I don't regret it. You've tried pushing me away, but I'm not letting go of you. I want to be with you. I want to be your man. Let me."

  I smiled through my tears and nodded saying,"Yes. Yes, I will be your girlfriend. I love you, too, Erik."

  Erik smiled back at me and got up, while I did the same. He hugged me tightly, and I hugged him back.

  He whispered to me,"I know this changes things for us, but I'm willing to deal with the change. Don't worry about what will happen, just know I have your back. Understood?"

  I nodded and hugged Erik tighter. Truthfully, Erik's words meant much to me, but I was still scared. I had been under Tyler for so long, I still felt like he would always know what I had going on. Maybe moving up with Erik would help me get over my fear of Tyler.