Chapter 6

ERIK'S POV

  In result of Tyler's actions, Y/N ended up waking up constantly throughout the night and morning. It was killing me to hear her cry so much; especially when she started the sobbing.
  It took everything in me to keep myself from hurting Tyler for what he did, but Y/N's grip was so tight on me. If I got up, she would most likely start crying again. I knew she was afraid of Tyler coming to find her.

  When I noticed how Y/N kept whimpering in her sleep, I held her closer to me and her phone went off.
  I hoped it was not Tyler, but it was. I decided not to answer the phone the first time, but then he called a second time.

  Tyler said,"Y/N, where you at, girl? If you're upset about what I did, you'll get over it. It's what you get for trying to stand up to me. Get here."

  I looked over at Y/N, who had stopped whimpering. She was also waking up.

  I said,"Oh, she won't be coming back. Not today. You're lucky I'm not at your doorstep now."

  Tyler chuckled and replied,"Oh, so she's with you? You're the one that tried to be her hero the last time I tried to handle her. Let me tell you something: Why waste your time on her?"

  I said,"Because she's worth it and don't expect her today."

  I hung up the phone before Tyler could respond. He wouldn't find my apartment, given he didn't even know which number it was.

  Y/N said,"Erik?"

  I looked over at her and examined her wrists saying,"You're okay. You're not going back with Tyler."

  Y/N looked at me oddly, and I sighed saying,"You're not actually thinking about going back with him, are you? Y/N, he took advantage of you, and he doesn't even care!! He-"

  Y/N yelled,"WHAT CHOICE DO I HAVE, ERIK?? IF I STAY HERE, THEN HE'LL JUST FIND ME AND MAKE THE PAIN WORSE FOR ME! IF I GO, AT LEAST I KNOW I'LL STILL BE ABLE TO SEE YOU AGAIN!! I WON'T KNOW THAT IF I GO AGAINST TYLER!!"

  Y/N looked me in the eyes and said,"Erik, I can't tell you how much I appreciate you and what you've done, but you need to stop worrying about me all the time. You need to worry about a woman that isn't in an abusive relationship that she can't even get out of right now. You're wasting your time with me."

  I stopped Y/N from getting up and admitted to her,"No, I enjoy being able to take care of you, because you need it. Y/N, I can't stop worrying about you. It's not in me. You've grown on me and..and I don't want to forget you. It's because I..because I.."

  I struggled to find the correct words, as Y/N seemed to be figuring out what I was trying to say.

  Y/N stopped me from speaking and said,"Erik, it's okay. I think it's time for me to go back. I don't want Tyler to give me a harder time than I will get already. I heard your conversation with him, Erik. Thank you for being a great friend to me. I'll call you later, okay?"

  Y/N got up, and I could tell it caused her some pain. I wanted her to stay, but she was too stubborn to do that. I get it. She was afraid of Tyler, but why couldn't she just see that I could take care of her? Y/N placed a kiss on my cheek and walked out the door.

  Why couldn't she just see that I could be more than a friend to her? I would be lying if I said I hadn't grown a strong attachment to her. I liked her. I may have even loved her, yet I doubt she noticed.
  I had no care in the world that I had just met her either. I knew I felt something for this one, and I didn't want it to stop. I wanted to be there for her.

     Y/N'S POV

  As I headed back to Tyler and I's apartment, I wanted nothing more than to go back with Erik. However, I knew that Tyler now knew about Erik.
  Tyler was smart, which made me worry. Even after what Tyler did, I didn't regret standing up to him. I did regret bringing Erik into this, though. I guess Erik was already a part of this, since I first met him, but this time something felt different.

  A few months ago, I wouldn't have even dared to stand up to Tyler, but I did. I actually did stand up to him and it was because of Erik. The fact that Erik treated me so well only made my love for him grow. I couldn't tell him that, given I didn't think it was the right time.
  I couldn't tell whether I liked him for him or because he saved me from Tyler. It was confusing, which told me this would take time to think about.