Chapter 9

Y/N'S POV

  When I got back from dinner with Erik, he pulled me close and said,"Y/N, I need to do something."

  I looked him in the eyes and asked him,"What, Erik? Something wrong?"

  Erik leaned in, and his lips met my own. The kiss was different, but a good different. I kissed him back, yet Erik seemed surprised.
  When he tried to pull away, I squeezed his hands. Erik held on for a minute.

  I pulled away, and Erik softly said,"Stay with me. Please."

  I looked back towards Tyler's apartment and back at Erik saying,"Okay. You promise to protect me like you always do?"

  Erik smiled and nodded, pulling me in for another kiss. I chuckled and let him have this one, before he led me inside his apartment.

  I said,"Wait. Erik, my clothes and stuff are still in Tyler's room."

  Erik said,"You go sit or lie down. I'll handle that."

  I was confused as to how Erik would handle it, but I nodded and took off my heels. Erik left the apartment, and I was still thinking about that kiss. Well, both of them. I just smiled and got ready for bed.

    ERIK'S POV

  The second I closed the door, I walked over to Tyler's apartment door and knocked on it. Tyler opened the door, and I noticed how it smelt like smoke.

  I coughed, and Tyler chuckled saying,"Look who decided to come see me. I'm honored. I'm-"

  I grabbed Tyler by his shirt collar and shoved him into his apartment door.
  He tried to beat my grip, but he realized he was wasting his strength.

  I promised him,"You know, normally, I try real hard to keep my anger in, but this time, I just don't know how much good that will do. You see, Y/N is staying with me now and I'm getting her stuff. You hear what I just said to you? The second I get all her stuff, she's not coming back. I'm sure you'll find some way to try to get her back, but I wouldn't bother if I were you. It may just be the biggest mistake of your life."

  Tyler laughed hysterically, and I had had enough of him. I opened his front door and dragged him into his apartment. Tyler punched me across the face. Because he made the wrong decision, I threw him into his television in the living room.

  He couldn't watch TV anymore. Cause it's broken.

  Tyler struggled to get up and said,"You're going to regret that, man."

  I stood over Tyler and went to give him some real hurt, but I remembered about Y/N. I didn't want to leave her alone for too much longer.
  Immediately, I headed to Tyler's room, knowing that's where that idiot took advantage of her and probably made her stay. I gathered everything of hers and even had to knock Tyler out, when he tried to come for me.

  I brought all of Y/N's stuff to my apartment and placed it in the room next to my own. I wasn't sure whether she wanted to stay on the couch or in her room.
  Maybe she wanted to lie with me, but she had been through a lot in her own lifetime. I would let her decide.

  I asked her,"This everything?"

  Y/N nodded and said,"Yes. Thank you. Um, how did you get Tyler to let you get my stuff back?"

  I just looked at Y/N, and she said,"Oh. Is he still breathing?"

  I scoffed and said,"Yeah. I don't know."

  Y/N smiled, and I sent her a smile in return before she said,"Erik, we need to go."

  I shook my head and replied,"No, we don't. We'll be fine. I'll protect you. I told you that. Tyler won't be an issue. He's not going to come near you again. He knows I will put him in check if I have to. Trust me."

  Y/N looked around and then back at me saying,"Okay. I will. What now?"

  I brought my hand up to Y/N's face and said,"Now, you get some sleep. I do, too. Night, Y/N."

   Y/N said,"Night, Erik. Wait, Erik!!"

  I turned around, and Y/N placed a kiss on my lips mumbling,"Thank you so much. For everything you've done for me. Even now."

  I nodded and gave Y/N a kiss in return saying,"You're welcome. It's what people do when they love someone."

  Y/N smiled looking down, and I left to give her some space. As I lied down, I began to think about telling Y/N who I truly was. About my past and everything. What if she left? What if I would cause her more pain than she had already been through?