Chapter 14

Y/N'S POV

  When I woke up, Erik was holding my hands and staring at me. By his facial expression, he was thinking hard about something.

  He smiled at me when I squeezed his hands.

  He placed a kiss on both of my knuckles and asked me,"Sleep okay?"

  I nodded and asked him,"Did you get to see your father?"

  I was referring to when Erik was buried and received the heart-shaped herb, which took him to the Ancestral Plane. I knew he saw his father. He never talked about his mother, but I knew all of this was a result of what happened to his father.

  Erik nodded and said,"I love you, baby."

  I said,"I love you, Erik, but you've been scaring me lately. All this anger that's coming out is not the Erik that I want to admire."

  He asked me,"What is that supposed to mean? Am I not doing enough for you?"

  I sighed, but I didn't let him let go of my hands.

  I looked him in the eyes and explained to him,"Erik, this isn't going to end the way you think it is. You have done more than enough for me. I-"

  I went to keep trying to get through to Erik, but it looked like it wouldn't work right now. He just looked lost in thought. I stopped talking, and a few tears fell down my face. Not because Erik was not listening to me, but because I was afraid of this whole other side of him.
  It was becoming harder to reason with him. I had to maintain hope that he would listen to me and come through. I needed the Erik that made me smile not want to hide from him.

  Erik's eyes finally met my own, and he said,"Hey, you're upset. What is it?"

  I admitted to him,"You're changing, and I don't want to lose you. Erik, you and my sister are all I have."

  Erik pulled me into his lap and kissed my forehead saying,"I know, which is why I'm here. Don't worry. This is almost over. We need to go."

  Erik pulled me into the throne room and sat down, holding me in his lap.

  He said,"You know, where I'm from, when black folks started revolutions, they never had the firepower or the resources to fight their oppressors. Where was Wakanda? Hmm?"

  Erik looked around and the leaders of Wakanda all remained silent.

  He continued by saying,"Yeah, all that ends today. We got spies embedded in every nation on Earth. Already in place. I know how colonizers think. So, we're gonna use their own strategy against 'em. We're gonna send vibranium weapons out to our War Dogs. They'll arm oppressed people all over the world, so they can finally rise up and kill those in power. And their children. And anyone else who takes their side. It's time they know the truth about us! We're warriors! The world's gonna start over, and this time, we're on top. The sun will never set on the Wakandan empire."

  Erik held my hands tightly as he spoke those words. My worry was wide right now.

  Okoye spoke up by saying,"Wakanda has survived for so long by fighting when only absolutely necessary."

  I was actually happy Okoye spoke up. Erik didn't like that, though.

  W'Kabi then said,"Wakanda served this way in the past, yes, but the world is changing, General. Elders, it's getting smaller. The outside world is catching up and soon it will be the conquerors or the conquered. I'd rather be the former."

  Erik gently hit my side, and I got up before he said,"You heard your orders. Let's get to it."

  I chased Erik out of the room and said,"Erik, this is ridiculous! You cannot be serious! You are talking about killing maybe millions of people! I will not let you do that! You will lose yourself! I will lose you! Erik, you need to stop now and let Okoye or one of the elders take over!"

  Erik grabbed me and put me over his shoulder before he brought me to where we had been staying.

  He threw me onto the bed and said,"Stay here. Don't leave. I'll come back and get you when I win this for us. You'll see that this is the right choice."

  As he began to walk away, I jumped and grabbed his leg, holding onto it.

  I yelled,"ERIK, NO!! YOU'RE MAKING A MISTAKE! ERIK!"

  Erik escaped and locked the door before I tried to find a way out of the room. I tried to break the windows, yet that did not work. I had to stop him. I had to. I loved him too much to give up on him.