Epilogue

"Hey, I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm here to help. You're gonna be free," Gerard says gently as he holds out his hand for the girl, "Can you tell me your name?"

She shakily squeezes her bear closer, "I-I'm R-Ruby..."

"That's a very pretty name," Gerard smiles fondly.

"Are you gonna hurt me like they hurt me?" She whispers, "I didn't like what they did to me..."

"I know you didn't and I swear it's gonna be okay. I'm not gonna hurt you and I'm not gonna do any icky things to you and I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm gonna free you, Love, do you trust me?"

Ruby blinks up at him and finally nods softly, pressing her cuffed hand into Gerard's. He smiles and brings her with him, walking inside her new room, "You don't have to do anything that that institute told you to do, do you understand? You're free now, just like the rest of us."

"Really?" Ruby's eyes open wide.

"Mhmm, you can keep your teddy here and if you want to buy more stuffies you can always go to Dallon or Hayley or Tyler." Gerard smiles, "This is your home now."

"What about my mommy and daddy?" She replies.

"Your... your mommy and daddy aren't gonna be able to visit you here, but we're gonna try to see if they can. They're taking a vacation and it might last a very, very long time."

"Oh... okay..." she whispers, black hair covering her eye.

"If you need anything, I'll be right here. And don't forget, you have other kids to play with, too," Gerard smiles.

Vvvt... vvvt... vvvt...

The red haired boy grabs his phone from his pocket and leaves the room, holding it to his ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's Bob... we found the guy who started the fire... it's uh... are you familiar with a Frank Iero?"

I blink, staring at the wall and stopping in my tracks, "... yeah... I'll uh... I'll see you in court."

I bite my lip and end the call as soon as Bob says bye.

It'll be okay.

It's all over now.