Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

I did my usual zone-out-and-ignore-the-teacher procedure. When the bell finally rang, I darted out the room. I hated that class so much. That was the only class I had without Hayes, so it was boring.

"Hayes!" I yelled as soon as I spotted him.

"Abbie!" He yelled back.

Hayes and I were like magnets. Whenever we had a chance, we were together. He grabbed my hand and we walked to our next class.

We sat down in our seats, which were right next to each other. I propped my feet up on the desk like I usually did and fixed my curls.

"Hey cutie." I look up and see one of the popular boys at my desk.

"What do you want?" I snap.

"I want you." He replied with a wink. He touched my cheek with his hand. I smacked his hand.

"Get away from me!" I yelled. Hayes didn't seem to notice cause he was at the from of the room sharpening his pencil.

"C'mon baby! Just one kiss!" He says trying to lean in and kiss me.

"STOP!" I yelled at him. I guess Hayes heard because he ran up to him, grabbed his jacket and pulled him to the ground.

"Don't you dare touch her again!" Hayes yelled. With that he balled up his fist and slammed it right onto his nose. I heard the crunch and immediately the blood rushed out.

Hayes got up and walked to me. I stood up and he embraced me into a hug.

"Are you okay?" He asks. I nod my head. Grant had been doing this to me for months now. All he wants is to get in my pants. Everyone tries saying how I'm the prettiest girl in the school, but I don't believe it.

Grant gets up and runs to the front of the room. Next thing I know, the teacher is yelling at Hayes.

"It wasn't Hayes' fault!" I yell. Hayes, Grant, and I were all forced to go to the principals office. I explained everything that happened, and Hayes just barely got out of it.

"Thank you sir." I tell the principal. I can be nice when I want to, but don't get on my bad side.

After school Hayes and I sat at my locker.

"Are you sure you're okay with going home alone? You can stay and watch my football practice." He says.

"I'm fine." I say.

"Alright. Call me if you need anything. Don't let him do anything if you see him." He tells me.

"It will be okay." I reassure him. He gives me a hug and kisses my cheek, then walks off to practice.

I go to the bus and sit. It's so lonely without Hayes. Luckily, I made it home safely without Grant getting in my way. I don't know what his problem was, but Hayes wasn't gonna sit around and watch. He had my back and that's what I loved about him.

----------------------------------------------

Okay guys! Thanks for reading so far! The Grant in this story is not Grant Landis, just so you guys know. But I have a finished Taylor fanfiction on my Instagram account ( @magcon_lover_yannoo ) and I'm working on a Cameron one on the same account! So you can go check those out if you'd like!(: thank you guys soo much for reading!