Chapter 15

Chapter 15:

"Abbie." Hayes calls. I turn and see him. We both decided to meet each other at the park. I was excited to see him because well, I don't know. I just like seeing Hayes.

I run up to him and hug him. He doesn't hug me back. Hmm. That's strange.

"Are you okay?" I ask. He shakes his head. I get really nervous and look at him.

"Listen Abbie. I don't think.. We should be together anymore.." He slowly says. A year escapes my eye.

"W-what?" I ask.

"I'm sorry." He finishes before turning around and walking towards his house. He doesn't even turn around to look at me.

Massive tears started to fall from my eyes. How could he do this to me? I thought he liked me. I guess that's what you get for falling in love at 13.

I jump straight up, gasping. Hayes wakes up next to me. I feel a couple tears rolling down my face. He turns on the lamp next to the bed.

"Abbie. What's wrong?" He asks. He wraps his arms around me.

"I had a bad dream." I tell him. He wipes the tears off my face and kisses my cheek.

"What was it about?" He questions. I tell him the story and he looks hurt.

"I would never do anything to hurt you on purpose, Abbie. You mean so much to me. I would never leave you." He whispers. He rubs my back and I sniff. I kiss his lips, some of my tears in the mix.

"I'm right here. Let's try to go back to sleep." He cooed as he pulled the cover over us. He turned off the light and laid down. His nose barley touch mine.

"Goodnight again, princess." And before I can say anything back, I'm asleep.