Six

Weeks had passed and you never spoke to me

Not even once.

I thought we had moved passed the silence that day.

I thought we could have been friends.

Why was I always so wrong?

"You're going to have a final project to close off this semester. Your task is to make a song from scratch. You have to provide the lyrical and melodic content. We're partnering with the dance students to create a story through music and contemporary dance. You will be assigned a partner. I expect you to work diligently on this, as it will count towards 60% of your finalized grade."

The teacher pulled out a long list, and started reading off the names.

Mine was the first one.

Mine and yours.

"Kim A-Yeong and Park Jimin."

My eyes lit up at the mention of your name.

We were partners.

We'd have to spend time together now.

Now you'd have to talk to me.

"Gather up your items and please escort yourselves to the dance studio. There you will meet with your partner for the first time."

"And remember. The only way this project is going to work, is if you trust in each other."

I grabbed everything I had and rushed out of the classroom.

My excitement was clear, probably clear to everyone around me as well.

Once I entered the study my eyes filtered through the crowd of people.

My eyes desperately searching for you.

"Kim A-Yeong, right?"

Your voice started me.

I turned around to face you, in all your glory.

You were in a muscle shirt, tight spandex shorts lining your lower frame.

The fabric of your shirt clung to your stomach, revealing your very toned body to the world.

I never noticed that your arms were much bigger than most boys your age.

I knew what you were wearing was the mandatory dance uniform.

It was just so distracting to see.

I was staring when your hands bounced around my face, trying to gain my attention.

"I'm sorry, what?"

You sighed.

"Come on, we're partners."

You grabbed my upper arm, moving me across the studio, until finally letting me go.

We were in the farthest corner, secluded from most of the student body.

"So what did you have in mi..."

"Did you request us to be partners?"

You weren't asking me, not by the way the words left your lips.

You were accusing me.

"No. I had no clue that we had been paired up."

You shook your head in clear annoyance.

"Just because we had one conversation that does not make us friends."

Your statement pierced through my skin, pain running through my veins and into my heart.

I couldn't understand what had changed in the past weeks that made you so mean again.

"I don't understand."

You scoffed at me before pulling me close to your body.

Your breath caressed my ear, sending a shiver down my spine.

"I have no interest in being friends with you. Stop trying."

You whispered the hurtful words against my ears before shoving me away from you and walking away.

You left me standing there in absolutely confusion.

I hadn't even noticed the tears that had made their way down my cheeks, sticking my long hair to my neck.

I didn't know why it hurt so much coming from you but I wished I had taken your advice.

Everything would have hurt so much less.

A/N:
Here's an early update in celebration of our boy Min Yoongi's 25th birthday!
Hope everyone has a good weekend and don't forget to tell our Old Man Yoongi happy birthday!

~Kookachue