Ten

"Jimin

"Jimin." I whined as you pulled me through the large auditorium.

"Jimin are we even supposed to be in here!?Why are we at the theatre?" I asked, tugging on my arm.

You turned to me, before stopping.

"Because, we have to get to know each other so I thought I'd bring you to the place where I decided that I wanted to learn how to dance." You said, pulling the two of us onto the stage.

My heart had warmed at your words.

You yanked your backpack off before unzipping it.

You pulled a small blanket out from inside and placed it onto my lap.

"It gets pretty chilly in here after hours." You stated before pulling out all the snacks we had bought at the store and spreading them out in front of us.

"So, you've got me here, what's the story?" I asked.

"The story?" You asked in return.

"The story about you and dance. How did you get into it?" I clarified.

You sighed, laying back on the wooden floorboards.

"My mother used to act in theatre productions here so she always got discounted or free tickets to whatever the theatre happened to be putting on or sponsoring and when I was ten, I think sometime in May, the theatre hosted a contemporary dance competition for amateurs."

You shifted slightly, moving closer before wrapping yourself in the blanket as well.

Your close proximity brought over a warmth that set tingling shivers throughout my entire body.

"My mother was given tickets, of course, and my friend and I decided to use them. I remember this one duet couple that stood out among the rest, they were completely hypnotic in a sense. The way they moved together, as though they had been one their entire lives, the story they told through the careful and passionate movements of their bodies sparked something in me I guess. I wanted to learn how to make people feel strong emotion without ever having to say one word."

You sighed deeply, your shoulder brushing up against mine before finishing your story.

"So that night when I got home, I asked my mother if she could find some dance lessons for me, and sure enough by the next week she had transferred me to a new school, that had a lot of dance based curriculum."

You sat up, opening a bottle of Coke before pouring it into two plastic glasses.

"That's amazing. I wish I had some sort of life defining moment that spoke to me like that, pushed and inspired me to pursue something."

You smiled sadly at that, handing me a cup.

"I guess but sometimes I find myself wishing I had never had that "life defining" moment," You took a sip of the carbonated beverage before placing the up in front of you, "I think my life would have turned out a lot differently, a lot easier."

I looked away, staring out into the open auditorium, the empty seats were almost haunting.

"Don't you want people to see you dance? To see the talent that you've been able to hone throughout the years?"

You shook your head.

"I used to dream of people watching me dance, hypnotizing them as I had once been but I don't think I want to anymore."

I was absolutely baffled by your response.

I couldn't understand why you wouldn't want anyone to see how you dance.

"Why?" I couldn't help but ask.

"Because I don't think I'm capable of pulling off such an impacting performance."

I thought back to your journal and the page I had read.

I thought back to how little you really thought of yourself and then it dawned on me, how good you were at hiding it.

And how you were opening up to me, even if it was in the slightest way.

"Jimin," I said getting your attention, "For what it's worth. You've already put on a performance like that. You've already managed to completely and utterly entrance someone."

You laughed lightly, "Oh? And who might that be?"

I smiled and spoke the one word I shouldn't have.

Because once I did I realized there was no backing out.

That I had unintentionally sealed our fate.

I should have kept my mouth shut that day.

"Me."

A/N:

So what are your thoughts on the new chapter? Also stay tuned for another announcement with Sunday's chapter!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Thank you so much for reading, I highly appreciate it!

~Kookachue