Act Three

Jungkook isn't Taehyung's only victim.

Often, other poor souls got thrown into the plate as well. And it's a sad thing, but sometimes Jungkook thinks that his friendship with Jimin was based on that particular, unfortunate fact – after all, you know what they say; the birds of the same feathers flock together.

But as they sat down together in the infirmary in order to avoid a certain blond, gobbling up their lunches like the pubescent boys that they are, Jungkook starts to think that the redhead might be an odder individual than Jungkook had originally thought. Because –

"Wait, what? You pity him?"

Jimin averted his gaze for a moment, and seemed like he wanted to explain something, but whatever that may be, Jungkook would never find out, because Jimin doesn't really let them out in the end. "It's just that – he doesn't seem to be okay."

"Of course he's not okay!" Jungkook couldn't help but to sputter out, "He beats the shit out of us and other people for no reason at all– he's probably got a mental condition for all I know, but we're not in the position to pity him either, Jimin."

Jimin lowered his head, gaze casted down to the floor, and Jungkook pretends not to hear the soft whisper of, "You don't even know what he had to go through..." – because, fuck, he doesn't know what to say to that one.

"Do you –" Jungkook starts, mind reeling, "Do you know something about him?"

And then he isn't quite sure what happened, but Jimin stares back at him with such scandalized eyes that Jungkook needed to rethink his choice of words – did he say something wrong?

"What," Jimin's voice is so, so small when it came out – almost like a squeak, "What bullshit are you on – how could I know anything about him?"

Jungkook blinks, and although he's curious beyond measure, he decided that invading his best friend's comfort zone in order to pursue some jumble of facts isn't worth it. "No," he agrees quickly, voice soft, "No, of course. That wouldn't make sense. I don't even think his closest friends knew anything about him."

Jimin stares back onto his plate, pupils shaking, "I know, right?"

///

I know this chapter is kinda weird, but everything will fall into place at one point. Don't worry, don't worry.