Act Eight

It was sometime after school, around four, probably – Jimin couldn't be sure, he doesn't really look at the clock much. All he knows is that the sky looked beautiful, and he wants to see it from the school's rooftop; his favorite place.

It should be a simple enough routine, not too complex. He'd just go up the stairs that leads to the rooftop and chill once he gets there. He does it about three to five times a week because it's relaxing and he liked being there; the wind that passes through his hair felt soothing and the hum of the skies sounded pretty.

What he didn't expect, however, was to find Kim fucking Taehyung sitting on the middle of it while gripping on his shirt. Arms shaking and eyes unfocused before his gaze finally fell on Jimin.

"Did you slip?" asked the blonde after several moments of silence.

Jimin stills, breath stopping. It doesn't take him long to understand what the other was implying. After all, Taehyung always were straightforward. Surprisingly, though, the blonde seemed a lot less angry than Jimin thought he would be.

"I did," he admitted, because he's never been good at lying anyway, and because he thinks Taehyung has the right to know. "B-but not by much, I swear! I didn't –"

"Okay," came the unsuspected reply, "Okay," Taehyung echoed, and Jimin suddenly realizes that his voice sounded spent and tired.

Jimin frowns, more concerned than afraid now, "Are – are you alright?"

And then suddenly, so suddenly, Taehyung rips out a smile; stretching the scar on his upper lip and showing off his perfect set of teeth. "Stop asking questions, faggot," despite the smile, his tone sounded harsh, "Do you want me to throw you off this rooftop?"

Unconsciously, Jimin took a step back, "No – no, uh, I'm fine."

Taehyung shrugged, smile still intact and eyes still cold. "What do you want, Jimin-ah?"

"H-huh?"

"Why are you here, what do you want? Why would you come to the school's rooftop at this hour, are you fucking suicidal or what? Do you want to jump off?"

"What? No! I just – the skies looked pretty, so I thought it'd be nice to see them from here!"

It was the actual reason, so Jimin feels relieved when Taehyung doesn't accuse him of lying. "Fine then, go sit." And in truth, Jimin does realize that Taehyung says 'go sit' and not 'come sit', but still – maybe it's because Taehyung is being oddly nice – Jimin opted to sit beside him.

"Shit, you're fucking problematic," Jimin hears Taehyung muttering under his breath the moment he sat down and their knees touched. At first, Jimin wasn't going to answer, because he obviously wasn't supposed to, but as the silence grew longer he felt the need to shot back.

"W-well, you're not moving away either." He says, finally, which was true by the way; Taehyung hadn't made the slightest gesture to create a distance.

Taehyung shrugged and doesn't even scowl for once, "It's a little bit cold."

///

So, i know this chapter is a bit out of the blue, but don't worry. I'll try to clarify it in the next chapter :D

p.s. Leave me your thoughts! >.<