Act Twenty Three

"Where's Jungkook?"

Jimin looked back at him through sparkling eyes, and Taehyung wondered if he should've added a cuss at the end of his sentence but the redhead spoke up first, robing him of the chance. "He's out," said Jimin, "You said you wanted to eat ice cream, so he's getting us some from the convenience store."

Taehyung squints, and then frowned. He wanted to be rude - or at least look rude, because these goddamn nerds shouldn't be getting all buddy-buddy with him, but he's too confused to think of a way to be rude.

"I never said that."

There's a strange glint in Jimin's eyes when he looked back at him, his gaze seemingly laced with something disturbingly soft and... kind? "You said that in your sleep," he explains.

Grimacing, Taehyung nodded and gave out a small huff. Well, now that Jimin had mentioned it, he wouldn't exactly mind having some ice cream. But putting that aside -

"I need to go home."

Jimin blinks, seemingly taken aback, "You don't have to," he said in a serious tone, the soft gaze in his eyes melting into a stern one, "I don't know what's wrong - or, what's going on in your house, but just - don't,"

Taehyung bit onto his bottom lip, finding himself unable to be violent or to even come up with something remotely insulting. He grumbled internally; this feels familiar. "You think I can just run from my problems forever?"

"No," Jimin said with a shake of his head. He looked so, so sad, and Taehyung couldn't understand why, "But you can take a break, and let yourself recover every once in a while."

And that's bullshit, actually - because the more Taehyung stall, the more they'll hurt him. Those kinds of things accumulates; if he ignores it, the consequences would only get bigger, so the best thing there is to do was to get over it fast and don't stall. But Jimin's words sounded calming as it rung in his head; convincing and warm

"What is wrong with you?" Taehyung gradually asked - and doesn't elaborate because he didn't feel as if that was necessary, but the redhead proved him wrong when he asked back, "What do you mean?"

"We're not friends." Taehyung practically barks at the other, tone sharp, "I'm not nice to you. What the fuck do you think you're doing right now?"

Something like belated realization flies across Jimin's eyes for a second, and he swiftly looked away with his head down to hide it, "I just - you're hurt. And it's - it's not okay," He said, "So I can't help it."

It was an insufficient answer, and if Taehyung had the energy he'd shot up to his feet and shouted 'bullshit' - but that's not the case, so he fell back towards the couch instead, hiding his head under the pile of pillows just as his face started to heat up.

"Stupid."

///

Le hint where vmin is kinda already happening

(I mean, the hint was kinda already there since that 'rooftop' chapter, but this one's hardcore)

BoNuS MeME :

Me thinking how to match the vmin and vkook tension (and also, me on exams)