Act Twenty Six

Warning : Implied rape

Flashback

Months earlier...

Jimin didn't plan out his evening to be like this – then again, he didn't plan out anything for the evening.

He's just not entirely certain if being a witness to a crime should be something to be thrilled about – especially if the victim of the crime had turned out to be one of his classmate; or, well, bully, to be more specific. It's still a heart wrenching sight to see, though.

Never, not even in his wildest dreams, would Jimin ever be able to picture Kim Taehyung – ever so strong, ever so menacing – struggling under someone else's hold, or trashing around desperately as if his life depended on it, yet now there he was; distraught as ever as his limbs flailed around, not giving a care for the world even as the car rocked along with his gestures.

Presently, it becomes a much easier thing to imagine, and that alone was terrifying.

To say that Jimin didn't know what to do would be an embellished and gross practice in understatement – then again, that word might just be the only word he knew that could describe his state; mindless and ever so bewildered.

He just stood and couldn't even dare himself to blink for a full three minutes – which had turned out to be three minutes too long, because shortly after that, he saw the unfamiliar man throwing his battered down classmate out of the car before then turning on the vehicle and went away.

Jimin couldn't help but to let out a soft gasp when he saw Taehyung staggering to his feet, skin bloody and bruised, yet expression serene. It quickly changed when Jimin willed himself to approach the blond; what might be a flat expression with literally no signs of emotions just seconds prior, had quickly contorted into one that shows panic and frustration once Jimin comes into his view.

"Jimin?" For the first time, Jimin hears how Taehyung's voice could come out soft and small. "What are you still doing here? At school? At this hour?"

Uncertain of what to say, Jimin stuttered out, "Library. I mean – um, I – assignments. Are you okay?"

The other frowned at him, seemingly confused, and Jimin honestly thinks that's a little bit dumb, because Taehyung couldn't possibly have missed the fact that his own face was littered with scars and bruises, could he?

"Why'd you ask?"

"You're – you're hurt." Jimin decided to point out.

Taehyung gave him a faux smile that might've looked pretty if only it weren't so broken, "That's none of your business. Just go home before I beat you up."

Surprised by the hostility, Jimin took a step back. He turned halfway, ready to bolt off, but then he sneaked a glace at the blond, and finds himself frozen to the bones. "Who was he?" Jimin asks instead, half-unconsciously, curiosity ripping it's way through his mouth, "Why'd he do that to you?"

Within – what felt like – a split second, Taehyung's eyes widened and turned dark, almost threatening when he asked, in a snarl, "You saw? How much?"

"I just – in the parking lot –" Jimin's line was cut short as Taehyung moves up to his space in lightning speed and grabbed the collar of his shirt before yanking it upwards, "And?" demanded the blonde.

Jimin paused, not knowing what to say. 'And?' – and what? What does Taehyung want him to say?

Because, sure, Jimin could say that he saw Taehyung trashing around desperately in the back of some car as a strange, unfamiliar man holds him in place and does... less than appropriate things to him – but Jimin seriously doesn't think Taehyung would want to hear that.

"Taehyung, you – you need to tell someone. The authorities, or something," he says instead, "I swear I won't tell anyone, but –"

Again, Jimin's line was cut short as Taehyung slams him to a wall, "Good," he seethes, "Keep it that way and maybe I won't have to hurt you, understand?"

Jimin gulped, but dared himself to repeat, "Tae, you need to tell someone, please, it's for your own –"

Taehyung snarls at him, scowl going deeper as his gaze turned a tad bit sharper. "Understand?" He says again, tone more threatening this time, and Jimin could barely deny the dread that was creeping up to his chest.

There's something awfully disturbing in the look the blond sent him; with his pupils twitching in what seemed to be panic, and fear so intense that it practically shone through his eyes. Jimin didn't know how to reply – couldn't find it in himself to speak.

So he nodded.

///

Present time

Jimin woke up with a soft gasp, eyes almost bulging out as his breath choked him in his wake. He glanced to his side and finds Taehyung sleeping in Jungkook's bed, whilst the owner of the bed slept on a mattress on the floor. Jimin chuckled for a bit and slumps back down to his own mattress, feeling the soft – yet not soft enough – object colliding with his skin.

The window, although covered by the curtain, shows a gist of a clear view of the dark sky with a tiny, dim moon. Jimin took it upon himself to look at the clock, it reads 11PM – which wasn't too bad, actually, because that meant Jimin could still catch up on some sleep.

Sighing, Jimin sat up from his mattress and stood up, silently marveling on Taehyung's serene sleeping face when it comes into his view. He went closer – unconsciously, because apparently, Taehyung's face just had that sort of pull – and stopped when his thighs hit the edge of the bed.

Taehyung looked more at peace than anyone else Jimin had ever seen. It's a little bit cute, actually. Jimin also notices that he looked much more refreshed than a few days prior, which was a good sign; obviously.

Jimin sighed once and walked away; a glass of water being his motivation. But even as he went down the stairs, still groggy from sleep, he finds himself unable to shake off the image of Taehyung's face from his mind.

///

The vmin is getting too strong. I can't.

Where is stability and balance when you need 'em.

Thanos I need u.