Act Ten

Somehow, that day, neither Jimin nor Jungkook encountered the certain blond. Yet oddly, Jungkook didn't feel as calm or as thankful as he probably should be – on the contrary, he felt strangely agitated.

The thoughts and the images of Taehyung's scars still haunts him. And the fact that the blond threatened him to keep his mouth shut only urged him to raise more questions. So as he walked side by side with Jimin–who obviously knows something – on their way home, Jungkook started asking questions.

"Do you think he get into fights often?"

And Jungkook tried to ignore it, but he sees the dread that flies across Jimin's eyes the moment he utters out the question.

"For your information, I don't stalk him." Jimin's voice sounded too stiff, as if he's being careful of his words– and Jungkook knew he shouldn't be pushing his friend so much, but the curiosity was killing him alive. He should make Jimin slip, somehow. Knowing the redhead, it shouldn't be too hard.

"Yeah, but do you think he does? Because he always have so many bruises."

Jimin visibly froze at that. His expression seemed calm enough, but his twitching hands shows Jungkook just how nervous he was. "Jungkook," his voice sounded strangely calculated and a bit too small for Jungkook's liking, "What made you say that? Taehyung doesn't have bruises."

And it took him a while, but after some awkward moments of tension, Jungkook suddenly realizes that Taehyung never showed his bruises – and that none of his wounds were placed on a visible area. When Jungkook caught a sight of him in the showers, Taehyung's scars only filled the skin on his back, and no more; it didn't even go far enough to touch his shoulders.

"I –I saw one on his, uh, arm."

That gained him a squint, "You said he has lots of it. One isn't a lot, Jungkook-ah."

Jungkook didn't know how to reply, so he doesn't–afraid that it'd give away his double agenda and make the other male be wary of him. They're actual friends, afterall, and Jungkook didn't want Jimin to be uncomfortable around him.

Jungkook sighs. He might need to find another method.

///

So.. this chapter isn't exactly important, it's just like an interval 'cuz the previous ones are kinda intense.

*Correction for the meme that no one asked for : 'CaN't fINd the TimE

*Correction for the meme that no one asked for : 'CaN't fINd the TimE.'