Act Twenty

The moment when Taehyung woke up was not a pretty one.

The blond rose from his sleep just as angrily as Jungkook imagined he would be; sharp-eyed and scowling – he seemed to be 100% sober this time around, so his docile attitude was more-or-less dead. 

"What the fuck," he said, his voice coming out a lot harsher than Jungkook or Jimin had ever heard him, "Is going on?"

Jungkook shuddered, suddenly reminded of how menacing Taehyung were in his wake. He's honestly just thankful that Jimin had arrived – no more than five minutes ago – and that he's not facing this alone.

"Tae – Taehyung, calm down," Jungkook tried, only to have a pillow thrown flat against his face. And he doesn't know how, because it's a fucking pillow, but it made him stagger off until his back hit the wall and fell down.

"Worthless, brainless fucks!" Taehyung shouted at them, "You think you can try and hurt me? Just the two of you? Don't even dreamfaggots like you, even if you team up –"

"No, no – wait, Taehyung, don't you remember –"

"Fuck off!" the blond cuts off with a roar, "I don't remember doing anything with any of you!"

"Taehyung, please," it was Jimin's voice this time; cutting it's way slowly through the tension, and for the first time since he woke up, Taehyung clamped his mouth shut and payed attention. "It wasn't us," Jimin said, "It wasn't us and you know it."

Taehyung was still breathing heavily at that point, but calmer for the most part. He glanced at Jungkook warily for about a second or two before focusing back on Jimin – and Jungkook may, or may not, be a little bit hurt at that. Why would Taehyung take notice of Jimin's words, but not his? Was he missing out on something?

"If it wasn't you," Taehyung started, voice low and heavy, laced with sharp venom, "Then why the fuck am I here?"

"I – I found you, uh, yesterday, at the sport hall," Jungkook explains, "You were badly hurt and pretty out of it, and you didn't want me to call the cops or anything, so I – I took you here."

Jimin nodded along beside him; trying to convince the other. For a moment, only silence echoed around the room, unsettling and dreadful. Taehyung seemed to be taking his time to let the new piece of information sink in, and then when he did, he straightened his posture and lets out a small sigh.

"Idiot," Jungkook heard the blond muttering under his breath, "If I were you, I'd left me to die."

Silently, Jungkook frowned at the statement. That's horrible, why would Taehyung say that?

"Well, you're not me," his tone sounded almost like a scold, and he pressed his lips into a thin line before covering his mouth with his hand when he'd realized what he'd said. "Sorry," he added quickly, half in fear and half as an actual apology, "I – I just –"

"I'm leaving," Taehyung cuts off abruptly, cold as ever as he stomps off and violently shoves Jimin by the shoulder while he's at it. He was about a feet or two away from the door when Jungkook stopped him by yanking onto his sleeve; a gesture he did without thinking much.

"Don't go," Jimin did the speaking now, "You need to rest. It's Saturday now, so there's no school tomorrow. Just stay the night and we could figure out everything later, okay?"

Taehyung turned his head almost as slow as he possibly could, as if he were trying his hardest not to blow up, and when he finally locked eyes with the redhead, he said, "Do you want to die?" and then he slaps off Jungkook's grip on him before stomping off again.

"You told me you didn't want to go home!" Jungkook shouted suddenly, panicked, and strangely enough, Taehyung stopped in his tracks at that, "Stay."

///

Can you feel the intense? (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)

Tell me what you think about it and leave a vote if you liked it ;D