Act Seventeen

Jungkook tried to breathe through his nose, but he's so panicked that his breaths forces it's way out through his mouth, rapidly. At least he'd managed to convince his mother, he told himself, so that's one less problem to worry about.

"Taehyung," he called once he managed to get to his room and slammed the door shut behind him, "Are you feeling better yet?"

For a moment, the blond doesn't answer him; opting instead to wriggle against the sheets before then cracking open his eyes slowly, "Fuck," he said, and Jungkook took note of the fact that his voice sounded almost as heavy as it usually did - maybe Taehyung was sobering up? "Dad?"

Jungkook grimaced; that had to be - at least - the twelfth time that Taehyung had mistook his identity, "No, Why would you -" he stopped himself midway for a sigh, "Okay, fine. Just - are you feeling better yet?"

Taehyung blinks up at him and slowly sat up, wincing and grunting as he does it, "You're not my dad," was the reply that came, "My dad has like, dyed hair and stuff. And you look like a pussy."

Internally, Jungkook groaned. Okay, he told himself, Taehyung hadn't completely sobered up yet, but he's getting a bit rude, so maybe he's halfway there.

"My eyes are kinda blurry right now," Taehyung stated suddenly, "So if you come at me, it won't be a fair fight."

"What?" Jungkook guffawed, "I - I'm not trying to fight you! I'm just -"

"I don't want to come home."

"H-huh?"

"If I come home now, I think I'll die. Is that what you want, Hyung? I know you don't like me, but do you really want to see me dead -"

At that point, it was beyond clear to Jungkook that the blond was just talking gibberish. Seriously, drugs and alcohol are horrible things, and it seemed like Taehyung was on a strong one. "Okay, okay," Jungkook stopped the other's rant, "I'm - uh, Hyung doesn't want to see that, so, okay. Just, please, tell me, are you feeling better?"

Taehyung sent him a flat look through unfocused and hazy eyes for exactly half a second before then letting himself fall back to the bed, "Well," he says, voice slow, "I can breathe now. I couldn't earlier."

Jungkook grimaced. That made sense; it really did. Jungkook had never seen someone his age bearing the same amounts of wounds that Taehyung had on his skin. Seriously, if what Jungkook saw on the showers was bad, then what he'd seen within the last three hours was vile.

He doesn't even know how, but other than scars and bruises, Taehyung also had a couple of burnt mark on his chest and torso, each of it a horrid color of grey and dark-purple. And then there were wounds that seemed like a normal scar, but then when Jungkook scanned it more thoroughly, it looked almost like the scar was caused by something similar to a rope.

"Just sleep," he told the blond, voice soft and he could already imagine how angry Taehyung would be if he were in his right mind and was aware of his situation - but that's not the case, so Jungkook doesn't dwell on the thought; it's rather unpleasant, after all. "When you wake up I'll have something for you to eat."

Taehyung sighs softly, doing as he's told and losing consciousness as quickly as an apple fell from it's tree, saying, "Okay"

///

Double update 'cuz the previous chapter was boring as hell :'D

Tell me what you think?