Act Six

Jungkook grunted when the sole of someone's shoe presses his face against the curb. He struggled against it, ignoring the burn that came when sharp stones grazes his skin.

"Ah, for fuck's sake, stop trying to fight back," a voice said, and Jungkook doesn't recognize him right away, but he managed to in the end – Woojin, was it? Quite the foul-mouthed kind, that one. "You're fucking up your own face, you know?"

Despite his tone actually sounding a bit genuine, Jungkook finds out about how much the male doesn't actually give a shit when he lifts his shoe only to slam it down harder against Jungkook's cheek. It hurt, Jungkook won't lie, but at times like these he's thankful it wasn't Taehyung who's beating him up – literally anyone is better than Taehyung.

"Woojin-ah," a different voice called from the back, low and firm– and that one Jungkook didn't even need to try to recognize; he's memorized it by heart at this point. "Not the face," he says, "Fuck him up everywhere else, but not the face."

Woojin made a disapproving sound, the frustration in his voice clear as crystal when he said, "Why?"

And then there was silence – an eerie one; thick and uncomfortable. Jungkook shuts both of his eyes then, praying the silence won't mean they would beat him up harder, but then Taehyung spoke up again.

"Because, Woojin-ah, I don't think you want to lose that fucking scholarship when everybody finds out that you beat the living shit out of someone to relieve your stress. Mommy and daddy works hard for your piece of shit life, Woojinie, don't disappoint them."

The gulp Woojin made sounded so loud that it actually echoed for a moment, and when Jungkook looks up from the ground he could see dread plastered on the male's face as he tried to shake it all off with a laugh, "Geez, Tae, you just can't help but to care, can you?" he says in faux cheerfulness, tone strained, "Fine, fine, I'll do as you say."

It sounded so forced, and Jungkook could hear the sound of Jinsung snickering from somewhere in the back but Taehyung doesn't seem to have anything to say about it.

And as Jungkook feels himself being lifted off the ground, he could caught a glimpse of Taehyung's eyes looking straight at him; his gaze dark as always, yet this time it was laced with something Jungkook couldn't quite recognize – before a punch landed on his gut and sends him tumbling back down.

///

It's difficult to write about Jinsung and Woojin because they don't really exist and are very insignificant to the story, so i keep forgetting them... :(

But anywayy, tell me what you think about this chapter and leave a vote if you liked it! <3