Act Twenty Four

Taehyung didn't really explain much – or, to be more specific, he didn't explain anything at all.

The closest thing to an explanation that he gave were the strange, meaningless gibberish he made when he was asleep or high on something, and the showing of the scars on his skin – but such insignificant revelations are still so insufficient that Jungkook still doesn't know what to make of it.

Though, for the first few moments of belated realization and slow-logic, Jungkook was seriously okay with that. He knew about the surface of the entire situation, and it was more-or-less enough for him to understand that Taehyung was indeed in dire need of good-rest.

Besides, Taehyung is the type of person who would never open up to anyone – and would probably burn down the people who knows too much about him without his consent. So it made sense when he didn't explain anything despite the fact that he's currently residing in Jungkook's home in shelter from god knows what.

Taehyung is a very private person, and Jungkook isn't very keen on prying. It's a perfectly healthy practice of respecting boundaries.

Until Jungkook starts to realize that he's being excluded from a certain truth by his own best friend, that is. 

Because – as unbelievably annoying as it is – Jungkook finally sees that his best friend knows some shred of truth about the whole situation, and he wouldn't fucking let Jungkook know about it.

The first thing that popped up in Jungkook's mind was obviously, 'Why' – but then it evolves into a passive-aggressive monster, saying, 'Damn, Jimin, I will hate you for a year. Tell me what's going on', which, of course, he didn't say aloud, because that's too petty of a move.

But still, the point stands; why would Jimin hide something from him? Jungkook already knows this much, why not just spill the entire truth already?

"Tell me what's going on?" Jungkook gradually tried asking Taehyung – the one who's actually inside the entire 'mystery' – sometime around eight in the evening. It's just really getting on his nerves, for some reason; he just felt so left out. How did Jimin get Taehyung to share his secret with him anyway?

"Elaborate." despite responding, Taehyung didn't seem like he gave two fucks about what Jungkook was trying to say, opting instead to fix his gaze on the ceiling as he rests his head on the sofa.

"Uh – I'm –" Jungkook tried to come up with the right words, but failed – because there are no right words for this, "This entire situation, what's happening, and – why would you let Jimin know what's going on? And – and why can't I know about it?"

Taehyung turned his head slowly to meet gaze with Jungkook, still uninterested, "Whatever weird dream you had last night, it'd be great if you could leave me out of it." He said.

"What? N-no, it wasn't – I'm not dreaming!" – Jimin knows something about you that I don't, and it's not fair. "I just – I want to know what's going on."

"Why?" was the reply that came back to him, "Are you that curious?"

Jungkook pursed his lips, and almost shook his head – because, no, not really. "I'm concerned." He explains, "I don't know what's going on, but – it's – it doesn't look good, and I need to know about it so that I can do something."

Unexpectedly, Taehyung sat up from his position and gave Jungkook a serious look – finally addressing the conversation properly. "Rather than me," he started, and there's something sharp in his eyes when he spoke, but it doesn't seem threatening, "Why don't you worry about yourself? The way I see it, you're losing your mind."

Jungkook blinks, and almost unconsciously says, "Wait – I'm not the only one –"

"You and Jimin, both." Taehyung cuts off without missing a beat.

It was silent for exactly half a moment before Jungkook started again, "You're hurt," he said, "Why would you think I could just turn a blind eye?"

Taehyung laughs at him, voice laced with mild malice, "Maybe because I tormented you?"

And that's true – seriously so true, but Jungkook finds it hard to understand why that should get in the way of him helping someone in need. It's basic human instinct to give a shit when somebody else was hurt, right?

"You're not tormenting me right now." He decided to say instead.

Taehyung practically cringed at him this time, his mouth ripping into a grimace as he shot Jungkook a disapproving look – but other than that, he doesn't do anything remotely offensive. "You're weird." Taehyung tells him, and Jungkook may, or may not, noticed that there's a slight softness to his tone.

"Yeah, well," Jungkook sighs and looked down at his feet, suddenly realizing that he's actually having a proper conversation with the blond that doesn't involve punches and bruises for once – which was weird, but also strangely pleasant. "You are, too."

///

Fuck it. The character development is obviously too fast, but i don't caaareee anymooreeee

 The character development is obviously too fast, but i don't caaareee anymooreeee

*whispers* fast as fuck boiiiiii