Act Twenty Seven

It was around six or five on Thursday when Taehyung's phone suddenly rang throughout the whole house. Jimin was out in pursue of –what he liked to call– 'edible food supply', so it was just Taehyung and Jungkook in the house.

Which leaves it; Jungkook took it upon himself to approach the phone when Taehyung didn't come to pick it up. Within the entire time he'd stayed, Jungkook had never seen the blond use or even lift up his phone – he figured Taehyung wasn't quite the social kind–so when the gadget rings, he's actually a bit shocked.

"Tae?" he called for the male who was most possibly hunched up in Jungkook's room or was just taking a bath, "Uh, someone's calling!" he moved closer to the object, and saw the caller's ID, it reads 'daddy'–which was a weird, but Jungkook won't judge, "I think you should pick it up, it's your dad!"

It was silent for a moment, but then a loud thud echoed from the second floor, and soon enough, Taehyung came running like a madman. "Move," he said as he shoves Jungkook away and took the phone before then picking up the call hastily and disappearing behind a corner.

Jungkook froze, blinking several times in confusion, and stayed that way for a little more while. That's strange, he thinks, was the call that important? Couldn't Taehyung have just picked it up in front of him? And then, well, well, well, Jungkook concluded, this was obviously something he needed to take a peek on.

And so he did –hiding behind a table and balancing himself on the floor as he did so. His coverage wasn't exactly top-notch, but Taehyung seemed to be so deep into the conversation that he didn't realize Jungkook was practically eavesdropping behind him.

"Can you blame me? You'd have done the same thing," he heard Taehyung snarling into the phone, "What –I am not –you don't get to say that– rot in hell you shit."

And then there was silence. A very long one. Eerie and horrifying as it pierces through the air almost painfully. "Liar," Taehyung spoke again, but his voice was smaller this time; laced with dread and dripping venom, "You–You love her, you wouldn't –"

Jungkook gasped when the phone call ended with a loud, startling 'Beep!, and then gasped again when Taehyung turned around and stalks off. Not knowing what else to do, Jungkook shot up and grabbed him by the arm before he got too far.

"Wait– w-where are you going?"

When Taehyung turned to look at him, Jungkook finds for the first time that the blond was capable of looking devastated and afraid, "M-my mother," he said, and then gave no more explanations to it before yanking his arm from Jungkook's grip and running off.

///

Jimin came back to find his best friend frantically running around the house as if his pants was on fire. And – Jimin won't lie – it's a pretty hilarious sight, so he laughed at the ravenette for a short moment, "Jungkook, what are you doing?" he asks in between chuckles, "Did we run out of milk again?"

Surprisingly, the gaze that Jungkook shot back at him was anything but funny; his eyes were wide in apparent fear as his teeth clattered. "Jimin," he says, and took a step closer towards his best friend, "Tae – Taehyung's gone."

Due to the close proximity, Jimin could finally see how the ravenette was sweating like mad and how his face was as red as it could be, "What?" Jimin asks, "What do you mean?"

"He's gone! He ran out of the house and – he said something about his mom? I don't– I don't know –" Jungkook's words came out in one breath, sounding rushed and frantic, "I chased him–but he's too fast, and I– I lost track, and now I don't know where he is–"

"Jungkook–okay, um, c-calm down," Jimin tried to soothe the other despite the dread that was crawling it's way up his chest, "We –" we can't do anything about it now, but –"We have to calm down."

Jungkook took a large breath once, twice, and then three more times before he finally calmed down. "I have a bad feeling about this," he tells the redhead after the pause, "Jimin, what's–" he stopped for a cough, but then continued, "What's going to happen to him?"

Jimin clenched his fists, trying to fight off the sense of dread, "I don't know."

///

What even is quality?