Stings and Tears

Zayn POV

Liam carried the twins carriers and I brought Niall along with the nappy bags. The nurse showed us to a room and excused herself to go get a few things. Liam sat the carriers down next to the seat he's sat in. I sat on the examination bed with Niall on my lap sound asleep. His dummy was in mouth and his arms were wrapped around my neck. Perfect position for him to receive his shots with out moving him.

Liam had sat Harry on his lap and supported his head and neck as he held Harry outwardly to fix his clothes and take the blanket from round him. Liam then laid Harry on his shoulder and rubbed his back. The nurse walked in and introduced herself.

Nurse: Hi I'm Angeline and I will be your nurse for this appointment, what are we here for today Mum and Dad.

"For Niall here its four shots. Um his monthly shots and Harry is here for a checkup. I suggest we do the shots first, as quick as possible because he hates them."

Angeline: okay let's get this started.

Angeline grabbed four sanitizing pads and four filled needles. She gently lifted Niall's sleeve and rubbed a pad on the high of his shoulder and stuck the needle in. She pushed the medicine in and Niall woke up crying from the familiar sting in his shoulder.

The nurse quickly put a bandaid on the spot and rubbed the second and Niall cried out and turned away from Angeline sobbing. I asked her to wait and step out so that I could calm him down.

She smiled and left the room waiting outside the door.

"NiBee you have to calm down for daddy. We don't want you to be ill. So please calm down."

Ni: N-n-noo, wa-wan-wanna go.
He sobbed and hicccuped.

"Baby we can't leave yet. We have to finish your shots."

Ni: Noooooo!!!
He screamed and cried.

I just held him tight and rocked him gently knowing that this was going to be hard.

"Ni remember what daddy promised you."

Ni: uuh huh. Mick-mickeys and w-werk.

"Right and we can't go until we get your shots done baby boy."

He just about screamed and tried to get out of my arms but I held his arms down tight and Liam sent the nurse in knowing that I was holding Niall tight so he could receive his last three shots. Well when the nurse came in Niall sobbed harder, screamed, and wriggled. But I held him tight and allowed the nurse to finish what she had started.

When the last bandaid was put on I let go of Niall's arms and he tightly wrapped them around my neck sobbing into my shirt.

"It's okay bubba, it's done. No more they're gone. You did good."
I rubbed his back and kissed his hair as a good job and got off the little bed. Liam kissed his head and rubbed his back as well.

Liam: good job baby.

Angeline had thrown away all the used syringes and pads then threw away the awful crinkling paper.

I looked at Niall the back at Liam.

"Babe I'm going to take him out of here. He is going to have an attack if he stays in here any longer."

Liam: okay baby we'll be out in a few minutes.

"Okay."

I kissed him and grabbed Niall's stuff and the twins nappy bag leaving the room we were in. I went outside and sat in the empty waiting room. I sat Niall on my lap and put his dummy in covering him with his blanket and rocking him.

"Calm down baby its over. No more."

I rocked him and spoke sweet nothings to him til he calmed down. Once he was asleep Liam was walking out the door from the back. He looked at me and blew a kiss as he set up another appointment for the end of the next month.

I stood up and grabbed the nappy bags going to the car with Liam. We buckled the kids up and I drove home dropping the twins and Liam off so that I could go to work and McDonald's with Niall.

But Niall wasn't looking to good once he fell asleep.

Angeline: the kids are healthy and well. Its time to change that we'll get them soon. Bye.

Until Next Time Byyeeeeeeeeee