Hospital Blues

Zayn

Niall woke up in the middle of the night crying. I was laying beside him so I just lifted him up and laid him on my chest. I could tell he was crying for his dummy, so I patted the bed until I found it and put it in his mouth. He settled and I rubbed his back and kissed his nose.

I convinced Liam to go home with the twins and get some rest so it was just Niall and me. He was doing pretty fine but he was starting to get a little sick. Liam had fed Nialler and left around 2 in the morning, it was currently 4 am.

Niall didn't even go to sleep right away, he just laid on me and played with the hair on my chin.

Niall: Daddy wanna go ho'm

"I know baby but you can't right now. You have to wait til later on. The doctors want to make sure you are getting better."

And that's what started the tears. I knew that he was tired of being cooped up. I could see it in his eyes a few minutes after he woke up.

I tried to soothe him and talk to him but he wasn't having it. Around six thirty is when I gave up and called Liam to come help me.

Phone call-

"Liam, babe are you awake."

Liam: yeah my parents are here. Is that Niall crying?

"Yeah, he is ready to go home and he can't and I told him that he would have to wait until later on today and the tears started to flow."

Liam: aww okay, um I'll ask my parents to keep the twins and I'll be on my way.

"Okay baby thanks, I love you."

Liam: I love you too.

I hung up and tried my best to console Niall.

Liam POV

My mum and dad were holding the twins and drinking tea with me in the kitchen. Harry and Louis were both awake and quiet. It was the most quiet morning I had besides the conversation I was having with my mum and dad.

Zayn called me and asked me to go meet him at the hospital. I could hear Niall crying in the background.

"Mum could you and dad watch the twins for me?"

Karen: of course baby, what's the matter?

"Niall can't come home til later on today and he is getting tired of the hospital. I have to go settle him."

Geoff: go ahead and meet them. We have the twins covered.

I smiled and grabbed my car keys. I kissed the twins and left going to meet Zayn.

The drive to the hospital, thankfully wasn't long. I quickly made it inside the hospital and went into the elevator. Once on the sixth floor I could hear Niall crying. I ran lightly to the room and opened the door.

Zayn sat on the bed rocking Niall and kissing his forehead. I set my keys down and grabbed him from Zayn's arms startling Zayn in the process. Niall wrapped his arms around me and started to mumble about going home and wanting Cloud(the pet husky)

"Ni baby, I know you want to go, but you have to wait a little while. Do you want to know what the doctor told me?"

He nodded his head and cuddles into me.

"He said that you could go home later today of you showed good signs of getting better."

He looked up at me with hot tears brimming, his nose was red and his cheeks were blotchy.

Niall: M'fee'win bettah mumma.
He sniffled.

"I know baby, you look better too. Let's make a deal are you up for it?"

He nodded and rubbed his eyes.

"Okay, mummy will go home really quickly and get Cloud. When I get back you and Cloud can take a nap and then once you wake up I'll tell the  doctor that you are feeling well and let him check up on you. Afterwards we can go home."

He nodded and yawned. With that I kissed his head and handed him over to Zayn. As soon as I left I was back and had a sleepy Niall cuddled with Cloud under a blanket.

And sure enough he went to sleep.