Becoming Friends

Cedric plopped into the seat right beside Hermione causing the whole hall to stare at them.

"Wh, what are you doing?" Hermione hissed at the much too attractive for his own good, 6th year.

"Hermione you came out of the blue and kissed me a few days ago, I think I have the right to sit here and eat while I find out why. I've meant to ask you several times now but every time you distract me." Cedric said before snatching a piece of bacon off of Hermione's plate.

Hermione blushed, her cheeks practically crimson. "People are staring." At the same time thanking god that it was still really early so no one was really there but unfortunately everyone that was there, was staring.

Cedric looked around. "Oh sorry. Didn't know that." He gave her an innocent smile.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Sure and Snape's actually blonde." Hermione said sarcastically.

"Really, no wonder he dyed his hair black. Can you imagine him as a blonde?" Cedric said shocked. "Hey maybe he's related to Malfoy."

Hermione gave him a look. Cedric just grinned at her then as he opened his mouth to say something else she shoved a piece of egg into his mouth.

Cedric chewed it thoughtfully. "Yum, do that again!"

"No you've already stolen enough of my breakfast." Hermione said. "You know, you seemed so composed at the World Cup and I thought you were so mature, now I'm not so sure."

"I'm offended but so you know, I act like this with my friends all the time."

"Oh great, so this is the real Cedric Diggory?"

"Yep." Cedric said as he took another piece of bacon off her plate.

"Hey!" She exclaimed as she whacked his hand softly.

"I'm a growing boy. I need food."

"Get your own plate."

"You're no fun." Cedric pouted. Hermione rolled her eyes. "You still haven't answered my question."

"It was nothing Cedric." Hermione said blushing.

"See, I would believe that if your cheeks weren't red." Cedric said dryly.

"Look Cedric..." Hermione paused.

"Yes?"

"Itwasadare." Hermione blurted.

"Hermione slow down. I couldn't understand a word you said."

"It was a…dare."

Cedric blinked. "Wait do you mean you kissed me on a dare?"

Hermione nodded.

"And here I was thinking I was irresistible." Cedric joked.

"Oh dear lord." Hermione said in disbelief. "Those fangirls have really gone to your head."

Cedric laughed good naturedly. "Relax Mione, I was only joking. Though about the dare, I'm not sure if I should feel insulted. What exactly was the dare?"

"Kiss the next guy that comes through the doors." Hermione whisphered.

Cedric's jaw dropped and his eyes widened. "What if it was someone like a professor?"

"Ugh don't remind me, I should never have let Lavender and Parvarti get to me." Hermione said burying her head into her arms. "I shudder to think if it might've been Professor Moody, Snape…or Binns."

Cedric laughed so hard he nearly choked on Hermione's orange juice.

"Hey that's mine!" Hermione said as she realized her drink wasn't where she last put it.