Defense Against Umbridge

I know its been so long! But here is the next chapter!

"I find that highly offensive Mr. Diggory, my teaching experience is by no means subject to your scrutiny." Umbridge screeched to Brice's dismay, who beside Ian, was holding his hands against his ears causing both Robbie and Wendy to have to hide their laugh as best they could.

"Well I find it highly offensive that you are insulting professors like Remus Lupin who taught us to cast shield charms and unarming spells. Especially at a time such as now when Lord Voldemort and his cronies are gathering their forces-" Cedric said, his voice getting a little bit louder as each word spewed. He couldn't help it. The woman was just pissing him off. Her words were as venomous and atrocious as her fashion sense.

"Mr. Diggory I do not think that it is appropriate for the Head Boy to setting this kind of example, by unncecessarily frightening his peers. In fact I think it's very highly inappropriate and I think that-"

"Professor with all due respect, the Heads are picked by the whole teaching faculty. If they all believed that Cedric is capable of being Head Boy, then I quite believe them." Riley Ann, a fellow seventh year Ravenclaw spoke up quickly to interrupt Umbridge's threat.

"Ah Ms. Farrow, didn't your father lose his job at the ministry for misbehavior?" Umbridge said haughtily.

"Yes he did lose his job in the ministry for defending Harry Potter, Cedric Diggory, and Dumbledore but he would rather work in Diagon Alley than take back his words. My mother died before I was even a year old because of You Know Who and his cronies. If she would have evacuated the Ministry in time, she would be alive now, but the Ministry were too proud to admit that their securities had been breached in oder to tell their employees to be prepared for a fight. So my mother died without her wand as she went to deliver papers to the Minister. So if you would please shut up I would appreciate it. Precautions have never harmed anyone and if you honestly think that simply learning from a book is enough to go against a madman hell bent on killing you for pleasure, I hope that you have some strong aurors around." Then without a word, Riley Ann pushed her textbook to the ground before leaving. Just as she left, the bell sounded for class to end.

Umbridge was still sputtering as the rest of the class whispered to each other, looking from Umbridge to Cedric to the door especially when Ian and Cedric went to pick up Riley Ann's books right in front of Umbridge, neither saying a word or acknowledging her.

Cedric tried to remain calm as he walked out of Defense but all he wanted to do was turn around and march right back in and tell the bigoted woman that was a sorry excuse for a teacher that she was a right idiot. No wonder the Ministry was failing in so many aspects of protecting the wizarding community if it was led by the likes of her. How did his dad stand to work with people like her?

"That was worse than I thought it was going to be." Brice cringed, rubbing his ears. "I think the woman managed to insult half of our previous teachers and yet make them all highly appealing, even Quivering Quill. He at least taught us some spells instead of telling us that we were going to be reading from a bloody book all year." Brice muttered.

"Didn't he accidentally burn a textbook once?" Ian questioned as his memories of his third year surfaced. "But Farrow was brilliant I have to say. I think Umbridge actually paled a little at her speech."

"Oh yeah, she did!" Robbie quipped about Umbridge while they all nodded about Riley Ann.

"Those were the days," Ian sighed. "Who knew that He Who- ah whatever, who knew that Lord Evil could be a better professor than some stupid ministry lackey."

"I'm going to fail the N.E.W.T.S.!" Brice suddenly cried causing all of them to stop and look at him.

"No you're not." Cedric answered as he tried to search the halls for Riley Ann to return her books or Hermione and Harry while he was at it. If he had been pissed by how Umbridge has insulted Lupin, well, those two were bound to be worse. "As long as you take time to practice and…" Cedric drifted off when he finally found Hermione and Harry.