CHAPTER 1: My New Home

--ROBIN--

       Today is gonna be a good day. It's gonna be the start of a new life.

       I have grown tired of the being in a relationship life and as much as I believe in love and even write about love in my stories. Still, I tend to fear it in reality. Not saying all men are bad but, according to my past relationships, including my last one that ended a few months ago, I just feel like they constantly remind me and bring me back to reality when it comes to love. How some people find it and others, such as me, don't ever find it. At least nowhere but in the movies and books. Especially in my stories.

       You see, my love life, is my stories. That's as close to love as I have ever gotten and most likely ever will.

       In fact, I have even come to the conclusion that maybe love was more of an illusion and distracts us from reality.

       Luckily my best friend, Alicia, is helping me out by letting me move in with her since I need to get away and also because I know I need a different scenery to hopefully inspire me to work on my new book.

        Besides, it will be nice to see her. We haven't seen each other in several months and it's the longest we have been apart from seeing one another.

         We have been best friends since we were in fourth grade and as the big new girl, I was already an easy target. Then she quickly became my bodyguard and then my best friend.

          Between touring to promote my books and the travelling she does for Tattoo conventions and the clientele she has built, we have always made some time to see each other. But these past several months, it's been hard.

          Despite all the shit I went through to get here, from my plane being delayed, taxi not showing up on time which almost made me late for my flight, to arriving and finding out the airport lost my luggage, I was pissed off for sure but again, she is my best friend and all that bullshit was worth it. So now I had just my backpack and purse with me.

         After filling out a claim about where to send my luggage once it has been found, I looked down at my phone and saw that I was running almost half an hour late in meeting her. Though I quickly felt relieved as I saw that Alicia had texted me to let me know she was running a little late herself and would meet me outside on the curb in the front.

           As soon as I stepped outside towards the curb, I was about to take a seat on one of the benches there when I heard loud music blaring and saw her 2018 black Sonata come whipping around the corner and come to an abrupt stop in front of me.

          She quickly gets out of the car and runs around towards me excited and screaming in excitement as she hugs me tightly and I hug her back.

          "Oh my god, I am so glad that you are here!" She says excitedly.

          "I know. Me too." I reply.

          "I'm so fucking sorry I'm late." She says.

          "It's okay. And I see you still have no filter on your mouth." I tell her sarcastically.

          "Hell no." She winks and smiles at me. She then takes my backpack. "Wow, you pack light." She comments.

          "Yeah well, the airline lost my luggage so all I'm really missing are my clothes, toothbrush, stuff like that. My laptop, makeup and everything else that's important is all in my backpack." I tell her with a wink.

           "Well good. Come on, let's get going." She says.

          We both get in the car and start heading back to her place. Although first, we stopped by somewhere for me to grab a few things of clothes and a few other things too.

*****************************************

          After pulling into her driveway, the sun was still going down and I had noticed that next door, there were a bunch of motorcycles out everywhere. From on the lawn, in the driveway and out front on the curb.

          "You live next to an MC?" I asked her as we got out of the car and grabbed the bags.

         "Oh, yeah. Sorry, I forgot to tell you. But they're really cool people. Well, most of them. Their President, Nate, he is an asshole and always has some slut on his arm...." She stops herself for a moment before continuing. "Well, you know how it goes. You write those kind of stories."

           "Yes I do." I reply with a chuckle.

         "Which by the way, congrats on the last book." She says as she opens the front door.

          "Thanks." I smile.

          "I'm sorry I couldn't be there to celebrate with you." She says.

          "It's okay. It's no big deal. I knew you were busy. Besides, it's only one that you've missed." I chuckle as I follow her back towards a room on the first floor to set down my things.

          "Well, I will let you get settled and I will order us some dinner." She suggests.

          "Okay. Thanks." I tell her.

          She then closes the door behind her and as I take a seat on the bed and take a look around, it's not a bad room. It's really nice and it looks like she painted the room purple also. Knowing that's my favorite color.

         After I was done unpacking and putting away my things, I walked out into the living room and we spent most of the night watching movies, talking a little and of course pigging out. Since we have always skyped and talked to each other almost everyday, we didn't have much to say.

       It was after I think our fourth movie, that we both decided to call it a night.

       So we said goodnight and as soon as I hit the sheets, I passed out.

        This might just be a great move and a good brand new start after all.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)