CHAPTER 18: What's That?

--ROBIN--

       I have been sitting in this rickety old wooden table chair, while my mouth was gagged with a disgusting tasting cloth.

       I heard the door open and in walked a tall guy with salt and pepper greyish looking hairstyle and looked to be in his mid thirties maybe as well as 6'1 tall.

       "Well, well, well." The man says while walking towards me and stops when he gets a couple of feet in front of me. "So you are Nate's old lady huh?" He says. "Well, very soon we will see just how much he really cares about you." He laughs.

       Then he gestures with his head for one of his guys to remove the gag for a moment.

       "He does care about me and WILL be here to rescue me, asshole!" I fire back at him.

       "Oh, I'm sure that he will. However, do keep in mind that this isn't like one of your stories. Your Prince Charming doesn't leave alive and neither will you." He grins.

       "You don't stand a chance." I tell him.

       "Do you think it's wise to try and be brave with me?" He grins.

       "It doesn't matter what you do to me. He will kill you." I stare at him.

       "We'll see." He tells me and then quietly says something in one of the guys' ear. In fact, it was the same guy that tried scaring me that day in the grocery store who I soon found out his name is David.

       David then looks at me and glares as Greg smiles.

       Then Greg gets a call on his cell.

       "Yeah?!" He answers. "Fine. Okay. I'm coming." He then hangs up his phone.

       "Who was that, boss?" One of his guys said.

       "We have visitors." He grins as he looks at me. "Bring her." She says.

        David then walks over towards me and unties me real quick while another guy has a gun to my head telling me not to try anything.

        My hands then get tied together and David grabs my arm tightly and yanks me out of the chair and we begin heading out towards the living room where I see Max and Nate.

        I try going towards him but David yanks me back hard.

        "Get your fucking hands off her!" Nate yells.

        "Enough!" Greg shouts as he walks up in front of me. "You have the money?" He looks at Nate.

         Nate glares at Greg and then nods at Max to have him give Greg the bags.

         "There. Now give me her." Nate demands.

         "Not so fast. We have to make sure you aren't trying to trick me." Greg says.

         He then has one of his men grab the bags off the ground and place them both onto the table there and as he opens it up, he looks over at Greg and gives him the nod of approval.

          "Let her go." Nate says.

          Wow, I thought to myself as I was surprised that Nate actually brought the money and didn't try and trick Greg like others do most of the time. He was willing to give all that money, for me. My god, I'm so in love with this man.

          The next thing that happened though, surprised me and I never saw it coming as the guy Greg had open up the bags, opened the front door and put them by the door and then right as he turned back around, we heard him say, "Now!" All while taking out his gun and beginning to shoot at Greg's guys.

          What the hell is going on?

          Gunshots were being fired all around me and David had began to pull me into the kitchen, behind the counter.

         "Now don't try anything." He says as he begins to reload his gun and even though my hands were tied and most likely it was a terrible idea, I hadn't cared. I saw a sharp steak knife on the counter there and while he was busy reloading, luckily he was shaking, making it difficult for him to load them quickly. I was able to grab the knife but then quickly hide it underneath my leg as he turns back to look at me and then gets up on his knees and starts shooting and that's when I take the knife and stab him right in the back of the leg and twist it.

         "AHHHH!!!" David yells out in pain.

        I start to panic and then try to get up and start running and as soon as I got to around the counter, I saw Nate and noticed that everyone was dead, including Greg.

        We ran to each other and then right as he was about to help get me out, I feel a sharp pain in my side.

        I stop and we both look down at my side as Max runs up to David and shoots him in the head.

       "Baby? No. Baby come on stay with me." Nate says.

       Before I can say anything, I black out.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)