CHAPTER 4: What An Asshole!

--NATE--

        I didn't mean to come off as an asshole the other night but on the other hand I hate it when people write stories like that and romanticize a life like mine. Cause I have been with women before that seemed as though they thought that same way. 

          As soon as she left to go to bed, I could tell by the way both Alicia and Max look at me, that I was a dick and rude and needed to apologize. 

         I'll apologize later though. I don't need to deal with this shit right now. Besides, not saying I agree with her stories but I am after all, an asshole.

          So I get up from the table, "Tell her dinner was good." I then leave and head out on my bike to head over to the bar that's not too far down the road.

*****************************************

           A couple of weeks go by since I met Alicia's new roommate and although I haven't really seen her a whole lot since that night, I have started to feel a little guilty out of nowhere, about what I said to her. Plus, Alicia is really pissed off at me and refuses to finish my tattoo unless I apologize. Which I will, but I just don't know when.

          I've never had to apologize to anyone, let alone a woman.

          I was working on my friends bike when I heard a loud door close on a big truck it sounded like and as I got up and turned around, I saw a delivery truck drop off several boxes and some luggage at Alicia's place.

         After the guy took off, I started heading over there and saw Robin come walking out and she seemed to be struggling a little trying to lift a box. So I quickly run over to help her out.

          "Here, let me help you." I tell her as I grab the box real quick and lift it up. "Where do you want it?"

          "Um, in the house." She says while looking at me surprised and it also looks like she has been crying.

          "Okay." I reply and start walking in and I wanted to ask why she had been crying but didn't want to upset her more and plus, she hates me.

          As soon as I set down the box, she comes walking in behind me and sets down a few bags she was carrying.

          "Thanks but I can get the rest. That was the heaviest." She tells me.

           "No. I will get the rest. You can just start unpacking if you want."

           "Thanks." She says.

           "Yeah. What are neighbors for." I reply.

           It was right then and there for some reason that I began to feel different around her. Or at least look at her in a different way.

           Not that she seemed fragile or anything but I just....I don't know.

           After I finished placing the last box down I notices she was grabbing a water and a beer from the fridge and started walking towards me.

            "Here." She says while handing me the beer.

            "Thanks." I replied.

            "Thank you for helping me." She says while avoiding eye contact with me. Almost like she didn't want me to see she was crying.

           "Sure." I replied and we stood there and shared a little bit of an awkward moment before she said something I didn't expect.

            "I'm sorry for how I judged you and treated you in the beginning. I didn't mean to offend you or upset you or anything." She tells me.

            "It's cool. I don't take things to heart. Besides, it's like I said the other night, when women read shit like that, they let it get to their heads." I replied as I took another drink from my beer.

             "Yeah. Wait, what?" She looks at me mad now.

             "I said, that it's not...." I began but she then cut me off.

             "I heard what you said but, I was trying to apologize and you just insulted me and what I do for a living? Really?" She says in a close to irritated way.

             "It's just my opinion and besides, aren't writers use to people not liking their stories?" I reply with a smirk.

             "Yeah but, the way you say it is, in an asshole kind of way. Especially when I was trying to apologize. Also, you have never read my stories, so you can't judge them, my readers and fans or me for that matter when you haven't even read one of my stories." She says.

             "My bad. I thought you could take criticism. You sure aren't gonna last in the business very long if you cant take the criticism." I shoot back at her.

           "Leave." She says while glaring at me.

           "Alright. Have fun unpacking all this shit by yourself and good luck with your writing." I tell her the last part sarcastically.

          She then walks up behind me and fires back at me the words I threw at her that night.

           "Oh I will. Me and my boyfriend, oreos, will have a lot of fun together." She smirks at me and then shuts the door.

           It wasn't until that moment she said that that I felt really bad for what I said to her. I hadn't realized just how bad it sounded until she just said it.

          Fuck I'm such an asshole. Fuck it. I don't really care anyways. She's nothing to me.

          I begin to head back towards my garage, turn up the music really loud to piss her off even more and continue working on the bike.

          I will admit though that she's really hot and cute when she's mad. And her curves, fuck I want her legs around me and her screaming my name. I'm not sure why she has this affect on me, maybe it's my adrenaline or hormones but shit, I want her so bad.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)