CHAPTER 3: I'm A Writer

--ROBIN--

It's been a week since I moved here and every so often when going for a walk or even going out to the store, I have seen and caught Nate sometimes looking at me.

I was getting a little bored and decided to head towards the living room to maybe watch TV and grab something to drink.

As I walked out I stopped when I saw some guy bent over in the fridge.

"Hey Max." I said.

The guy then stood up and popped open a beer and started drinking it.

"I'm Nate sweetheart." He said with a smirk.

I knew I had to have been turning red from the embarrassment I felt.

"Sorry, I thought you were Max." I said.

"Well, clearly I'm not." He snaps at me and shuts the fridge door and starts walking into the living room, plops himself down on the couch and grabs the remote.

"Excuse me, what do you think you're doing? This isn't your place. Please leave." I tell him.

He just shakes his head and takes another drink from his beer and begins flipping through the stations.

"I'm waiting for Alicia. She's working more on my tattoo. Besides, it isn't like you're paying the bills here or nothing." He remarks.

Now he was getting annoying and rude so I stomped over towards the TV and turned it off.

"Where the hell do you get off?! You don't come up in somebody's house and act like you own it. I don't even care if you know my best friend or even if she said you could come over and hang out til she comes back from running errands. You at least should show some respect." I tell him with my arms folded.

He cocks his head to the side a little bit and smirks at me.

"Actually, I do own this house. Your friend pays me rent." He says as he gets up, sets down his beer and walks up to me. "And I can do and touch whatever I want." He says the last part when he gets just a few inches away from me.

I'm not sure why I was feeling like this but suddenly I felt a little....hot and my heart started beating a little faster than normal.

Luckily, the front door opened and in walked Max and Alicia, laughing and then stopped to look at us.

"Are we interrupting something?" Alicia asks with a half smile and raised eyebrow.

"No." I quickly reply as I finally break eye contact with Nate and step aside away from him.

I walk up to Alicia and Max and notice they have grocery bags in their hands.

"Are you sure?" Alicia asks with a wink.

"Please....." I reply while rolling my eyes. "Anyways, do you guys need help with groceries?" I asked, changing the subject.

"We're good. In fact, this was all. Just a few things for dinner. And besides, I was gonna start working more on Nate's tattoo and was hoping you could make us some of your delicious shrimp tacos?" She asks the last part in a begging tone.

"Fine." I smile in reply.

"Thanks love." She smiles back and starts heading towards her tattooing room with Nate following right behind her and winking at me.

I just roll my eyes and start heading into the kitchen and start preparing the food.

After I was done cooking, I set the dishes all on the table and walked into the room where everyone was at and as soon as I opened it up, I saw Alicia was bandaging up Nate's chest and I didn't realize I was staring at his nice tatted chest until I heard Max clear his throat.

"Sorry. Um, dinner is ready." I said before I turn around and start walking back to the kitchen to get drinks for everyone.

Everyone starts coming out and sits down at the table.

"Oh my gosh, I have missed your cooking." Alicia says as she immediately takes the first bite.

We all begin eating and after a few minutes of an awkward silence starting to form, Max breaks it.

"So, Alicia tells me that you write." He says.

"Yep." I reply before taking another bite.

"What do you write about?" He asks.

I was a little hesitant and a little bit nervous to answer cause I didn't really want Nate to make any smart remarks. Then again, fuck it, I'm proud of my work.

"I write romance novels." I reply.

"Oh more than that." Alicia says. "She writes steamy and sexy ass stories about biker gangs and MC's who fall for a curvy woman and...." she stops as soon as she see's me staring at her to let her know she needs to shut the hell up cause she's talking too much.

It then became quiet for a moment and she took another bite.

"What do you know about the bikers life?" Nate says.

"Well, I have done some research and used to know some many years ago. But it doesn't matter really cause the stories are all fiction. They aren't true and I'm not labeling all bikers as assholes or anything or that they're all crooks. It's just for entertainment purposes." I reply as I took my last bite, though I felt a little worried of what he might think. Just as much as I would worry if it were another reader telling me off or something. Not that I can please everyone, but you know what I mean.

"Doesn't matter. You really shouldn't be romancing the bikers life or what you think it's like." Nate says a little irritated.

"That's why I said they are fiction. You know, as in, NOT real?!" I fire back and everyone looks at me and Nate.

"What is it with you women and love and romance bullshit? I mean, you want to be romanticized and yet be fucked hard and called a slut. I mean, shit, makes no sense." He says as he sits back and takes a drink from his beer and looks at me with a little bit of a smirk as if he has just won an argument or something.

I glare at him. "Well, maybe if YOU men did your job right, we wouldn't need to turn to movies, books and or toys." I tell him. Which I don't know why I said that. Cause I'm sure I'm not the best in bed. Haven't had much practice really.

"You know, the only ones I think who write these stories are women who can't get anyone to fuck them or even want to date them and instead, just choose a pack of oreos and shit and let themselves believe that it's reality. That it could happen to them." He then finishes his beer.

I am speechless. For once, I don't have a comeback and I'm not sure why neither that it hurt me to hear him tell me that, but it did. Though instead of letting him and everyone seeing me upset and cry, I just get up and head towards my room and just sit on the bed and start crying.

He is such an asshole and I really hope he just leaves me the hell alone from now on.

Suddenly a bunch of bad memories begin to return.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)