Cinderella's Chapter Three

My father lived until my next birthday. He sent home letters, little gifts, and his love when he could.
He died a week after my 18th birthday.

I technically owned the house and all the money (hidden under a floorboard in the attic), but my step family became worse.

They treated me like a servant.

"Ells, clean this!"

"Ells, make us dinner!"

"Ells, clean the laundry!"

The only good thing was that I could leave them whatever amount of money I wanted. I had control over that, at least.

I learned to make breakfast in advance, to clean laundry almost daily, and to constantly be cleaning.

I don't mind cleaning, cooking, and doing the things they ask...it's the way they ask.

A shrill, demanding voice that pierces your ears. It gives me a headache.

"Ells! Light the fireplace, I'm cold!" Ann yelled. I rushed over, and started the fire. I then stepped outside to collect eggs.

Ann was the only one home at the moment. She wasn't too demanding, since she was asleep most of the time.

It was my free time, after I collected these eggs.

A/n: short one sorry lol. The pictures I'll put will either be from the animated Cinderella, the live action Cinderella, Cinderella aesthetics, or A Cinderella Story stuff lol.