Cinderella's Chapter Four

I was walking through the forest when I heard horses. I turned, and saw a bunch of horses. I moved aside, looking away.

"Are you lost, love?" someone asked. I looked to the speaker, shaking my head.

"No, sir. Just walking." I answered. The young man who asked nodded, smiling.

"You sure?" he asked.

"Yes!" I tried to keep any annoyance I was feeling out of my voice.

The man chuckled, shaking his head.

"You live around here?" he asked.

"Yes, sir."

"Would you mind doing me a favor? I have invitations to deliever but I don't know the area. Can you show me around?" the man asked, nodding towards his sack.

"Of course, I'd be glad," I replied, smiling.

,.,

After helping the young man deliever invitations, I went back home. Ann was asleep, as I expected, and my step mother and brother weren't home yet. I breathed in relief. I was free, for the time being. I tossed the invitations aside, picking one up. I opened it, and read the fancy script.

All edgible people must attend the princes' ball on the 20th of this month. Formal wear and masks required!

I shrugged, shoving the invitation in my apron pocket.

For god's sake...I wore this the entire time I was with that man! I had to look like a servant!

I groaned, smacking my forehead. Who even was that man? Was he a royal...something?

He must have a connection with royalty; he was dressed nicely.

I looked outside and saw my other step family members were home.

I placed tea down, hiding the invitations.

I wasn't in the mood for hearing Ann and my step mother gushing about it.