Little Mermaid's Chapter Nine

Eric and I were walking on the beach, my final day. I stared into the sea, afraid of what the witch would do to me. Or if she'd drag Ariel into this.

Eventually we sat down and watched Ariel and Piper walk near the waves, holding hands.

"They're cute together." Eric commented. I nodded, playing with my bangs.

Ariel waved to us, a large and pure grin on her face. Piper had a matching grin on her face.

It was funny, wasn't it? I was meant to be with Piper but Ariel was with her. I guess that meant I was going to be with Eric.

"You're lucky, Axe. You don't have people demanding you to marry soon." Eric scoffed. I didn't know how to reply.

"I just want to see the world. To sail the seas endlessly and to climb all the mountains that stand in my way. I want you to be with me!" Eric jumped up, grabbing my hands.

"Can you imagine it? We'll see the world and no one can tell us what to do! Doesn't that sound great?" Eric asked, spinning us around.

I nodded, tears welling in my eyes.

"We'll see the world together. Forever." Eric raised our clasped hands to the sun. I stared at our hands, amazed at how it felt and looked perfect.

"We'll have the sea breeze as our companion. The waves will be our guide." Eric squeezed my hands.

I forced a smile. I wasn't going to be here for our grand adventures. I'd be god knows where.

A/n: no idea why i put that song in tbh