Chapter 5: Date in the Park

It was now one o'clock and Naruto was swinging around the play set. He was working on his upper body strength while at the same time looking like a regular kid. He felt a slight prickle under his skin and he looked up and beamed widely. Hinata was here! he looked at her and hen saw that she was holding the hand of a woman. Naruto realized that the woman must be the company that Hinata mentioned. He waited for Hinata to make her way over to the play set before he jumped down and made a show of saying an exaggerated hello that was loud enough for Hinata's company to hear.

He saw the woman glance at him, give him a secretive harsh look and then nod to herself before sitting down on one of the many benches built specifically for the use of watching guardians. Once she had settled down he turned and after putting a finger to his lips quickly he darted around he playground and then climbed up so that he was sitting where the woman could see him but not Hinata.

He then looked at Hinata with a grin. "How are you my dear?"

Hinata giggled at his theatrics. "I am quite well, my love. I hope you have had an as interesting morning as I did?" 

Naruto sighed theatrically. "Oh I had a grand time. Cleaning most of the morning then suffering through an interrogation by the Third Hokage." At Hinata's quizzical face he laughed. "The old man came by for a visit and then started asking all kinds of questions because my apartment was clean instead of being its usually mess."

Hinata giggled. "All I had to do was try and act like a five year old in-front of my father for a few minutes. Which isn't easy mind you."

Naruto laughed. "Well that's all behind us now. Let's have some fun. And work on some upper-body strength while we're at it." 

Hinata got his meaning and with  grin she took off across the monkey bars, swinging back and forth in a graceful way that made Naruto's heart swell. She was beautiful no matter what she did. he chuckled and raced after her. And that was how the afternoon passed. Then racing around in blind mindless fun while working their muscles to their limits. They stopped or drink and snack breaks every now and then and sometimes took small breaks to build castles int he sand. The worked in a little chakra control practice by trying to make the sand stick together so it's stay up better. they didn't get much progress made since sand wasn't an ideal tool to work with for once again beginners.

During their fun, they filled each other in on their conversations that morning. Naruto agreed to come by the compound early the next morning. He was scared of what Hiashi's reaction would be to the fact that his young daughter was hanging out with and was 'friends' with the supposed demon. Hinata argued that her father was a reasonable man.

Hinata got a laugh out of how Naruto had manipulated the unsuspecting Hokage into buying him some ninja tools. After giving Naruto all the extra snacks she had brought with her to share, they snuck out of Natsu's sight quickly and Naruto gave Hinata a kiss before they parted for the night. Neither wanting too, but they accepted the reality of their situation now that they were in their five-year-old bodies again. 

Naruto waved as Hinata and Natsu walked away. He had a giant grin on his face as he walked home and entered his apartment. He made a quick meal out of some of the fruit Hinata had given him and one thing of ramen. After that he took a shower and went to bed. Dreading the next day but at the same time he couldn't wait to see his wife again.

---------

Sunlight poured into Hinata's room from her window. She blinked her eyes and at once felt the rush of cold that came with being in an empty bed. A few seconds of confusion before she sat up with a grim line of determination. She had about an hour till Naruto would be here. She got dressed and went to go eat breakfast with Hanabi and her Father unlike yesterday where she had rushed to Naruto's first thing.

When she entered the dining room Hanabi squealed and started to chatter on in her mixture of real words and the toddler gibberish of a 16 month old. Her father turned to face her with a smile and gestured for her to sit down. Hinata had forgotten what family breakfasts had been like before she and her father had grown distant. This time around Hinata promised herself that things would be different.

"Good morning father."

"Good morning Hinata. When is your friend coming by?" Hiashi looked at his eldest daughter with a small smile. The report from Natsu said that Hinata had played the entire time with a single boy. He was curious about this boy and the new personality he was bringing out of his daughter.

"He should be here soon. I told him he can have breakfast here because he doesn't have a lot of food at his house." Hinata sat and filled her plate slowly, watching her father out of the corner of her eye to gauge his reaction.

Hiashi paused before nodding. Just then a guard came into the room. "A visitor for Hinata-sama." The guard stepped back and then Naruto walked in with a big grin on his face.

"Hi Hinata! Your house is huge!" Naruto glanced at Hiashi before focusing back on Hinata like any kid who didn't understand how to be polite would. 

"Hi Naruto. Turn around and say hi to my dad and my sister! You're being rude!" The playful glint in her eye told Naruto she was playing along with his game.

Naruto spun on his heel as he turned and face Hiashi and Hanabi. "Hello Hinata's dad and Hanabi-chan! My names Naruto Uzumaki!"

Hinata watched her fathers face morph in minute degrees of shock, to suspicion, to confusion, and then finally settling on reluctant acceptance. He hid it well but she could read her father's face. She sighed internally with relief. Her father would give Naruto a chance.

"Hello Naruto. So you are my daughters friend?" Hiashi tried to stare down the boy but Naruto knew the game and kept his bright grin on and bounced on his feet. 

"Yep! Hinata's my best friend! She's really awesome!"

"Is that so?" After Naruto nodded Hiashi looked at his daughter, who was wearing a big grin on her face as she watched Naruto, and sighed internally. For her he would give the boy a chance. "Well then why don't you sit down and have some breakfast. We were just sitting down our selves.

"Yay! Food!" Naruto plopped down into a chair right next to Hinata and filled a plate with Hinata's help. The two talked about seemingly childish things for a while in between bites before Hiashi cleared his throat and the two looked at him.

"Naruto. Would you like to join Hinata in her training today?" Hiashi was testing the boy and was curious about how he'd react.

Naruto realized the game Hiashi was playing and with a big smile asked, "What kind of training?"

"Her ninja training."

Naruto made his eyes go wide. "Awesome!" He turned to Hinata and quickly smirked at her before putting his smile back on display. "You're doing ninja training already!"

Hinata nodded. "It's hard but if I'm going to be a good ninja I need to be strong."

"Cool!" Naruto turned back to Hiashi. "Can I really?"

Hiashi nodded and Naruto let out a whoop of joy that wasn't fake in the slightest. He now had an excuse to spend time with Hinata and they would get some training out of it. 

"When can we start?"