Chapter 30: Tazuna

Sorry this was delayed! I don't know if you guys say my last message on my board but I'll put it here too. I'm getting outa dodge on Friday so I have no idea if I'll have another chapter for next weekend. Sorry! I love all y'all! Happy reading!

After an uneventful boat ride, Naruto led the way up to the village. They had been right in their expectations of the village. Lively and active, not bustling but definitely an improvement from the first time Naruto had come to the Land of Waves. They wandered around the village, got acquainted with the layout, eavesdropped on a few conversations, learned that the village was doing well, and most importantly, no mention of Gato at all. This little village had not yet been harmed.

They were here six almost seven years before they were supposed to be. Gato would never touch this island if they had any say in it.

Naruto led the way to Tazuna's house and they soon found it. Tsunami could be seen through the windows carrying what Naruto guessed to be a year old Inari in her arms. Tazuna wasn't to be found and neither was Kaiza.

Naruto and Hinata then moved on from the house and went to explore the village more. They soon found Tazuna and Kaiza working together on a house outside of the village. The men were on a break from the looks of it, so, the young couple decided now was as good of a time as ever. They had a plan for how the conversation would go. Now to sell it.

They transformed into their older selves and strolled into the clearing hand in hand. Pausing when they entered the house's clearing as if they were surprised to see anyone around. Naruto broke out in a grin and waved excitedly at the two men.

Tazuna didn't respond but Kaiza gave a friendly wave and smile and the two made their way over.

"Hello. I don't believe we've met before. My name is Kaiza and this is my father-in-law Tazuna. Nice to meet you." Kaiza stuck out a hand and Naruto grinned and shook it.

"My name is Naruto and this is my wife Hinata. We are visiting this land for a bit before we head back to our home. A sort of working holiday if you can call it that. Currently, we're just wandering around and exploring." Naruto grinned and Hinata blushed prettily and hit him softly on the shoulder before smiling and shaking Kaiza's hand herself.

"It is a pleasure to meet the two of you. And I welcome you to our village. I hope you've enjoyed your explorations so far."

Naruto rubbed the back of his head sheepishly before Hinata just sighed and rolled her eye's playfully. "What my husband doesn't want to admit, Kaiza-san, is that we got rather lost while looking for someone. We're from the mainland and we were hoping to speak with a rather well known builder from this island. We don't know his name but we have a rather large project we plan to undertake and wanted his help. Hence the working holiday. We get a vacation but we have a job to do."

Tazuna finally spoke up, "And what's this project you need the builder to do?"

Hinata blushed slightly and Naruto took up the coversation. "It's more of a business venture but it would benefit this island as a whole. We are looking into the possibility of creating a bridge spanning the ocean. To connect the island providing a stable trade route regardless of season or weather conditions."

Tazuna and Kaiza stared at the young couple for a few minutes in tense silence before Tazuna broke out laughing. With loud guffaws and gasps Tazuna struggled to breath for another two minutes before she finally settled and caught his breath.

"You kids are crazy!"

Hinata smiled and Naruto chuckled. Hinata looked at Naruto and understanding glinted in his eyes. Time to seal the deal.

"We may be crazy Tazuna-san but we honestly believe it's a good plan. It would secure this islands future. Protecting and stabilizing the economy. With the bridge, even in the middle of the harshest winters, or roughest summer storms, you could still make the journey to the main land." Hinata smiled sweetly and Tazuna studied her seriously.

"Well. I will say it is a good idea. But it doesn't seem possible. The materials, the labor force, security? It's going to be a ridiculously expensive and time consuming. I don't see how we can pull it off."

Hinata smirked to herself. She caught the 'we'. He was in on the idea. Now to sell the process.

"We understand that Tazuna-san but we are not entering this venture with no fore thought. My husband can provide the work force at only the cost of keeping him well fed, and I can provide any security needed. Materials will still need to be acquired but we are both willing to help pay for and find the necessary materials."

Tazuna paused to consider this. "I don't see how one man can provide all the man power we will need."

Hinata just grinned and looked at Naruto. "Show him."

Naruto grinned, raised his hand and produced fifty clones in an instant. "Each of my clones is as solid as a real person. They can function independently of me and each other so they can be divided up to complete different tasks. For a full day of manual labor, I can maintain roughly thirty with a possible increase in number as my control will get better through continued used. I will end up eating a ridiculous amount of food and sleeping whenever I can to replenish my chakra but it will get done."

"And I guessing the young lady has some trick up her sleeve aswell?" Tazuna had gulped after gazing at the clones before turning to face her.

Hinata just smiled sweetly before activating her byakugan. "I have a complete range of vision minus one degree behind my head. But a minute turn of my head and can observe that spot in a fraction of a second."

"The byakugan..." Tazuna's voice was a hushed whisper. "Why does Konoha and more importantly the Hyuga clan want with the Land of Waves?"

Naruto's grin dimmed. "They don't want or know anything. My wife and I are here on our own. And I understand you may have reservations but we would appreciate it if word of our presence here was not made known to Konoha."

Tazuna considered the pair before him. The clones having disappeared when Naruto began to talk. Tazuna looked at Kaiza. His son-in-law was appraising the couple as well. A quick shared glance and a nod and Tazuna had his answer. The lack of forewarning and the plea to not contact their home village made him curious but he could understand where the kids may ve coming from in their plan. It was true that Tazuna's home village had once been threatened one violent winter where a storm destoryed the food stores and left the area on lockdown with leaving the island out of the question. So the bridge was sound. An idea he may have come up with himsekf if he had the time. But the kids beat him to it so now he had an opportunity to still participate in this great feat. A grin played on his lips as he decided to play with the coupke a little.

"We'll help. So we've got the work force,  security, and the builder. Just need materials and time to plan." He noticed Hinata's eyes widwn slightly and grinned internally.

Hinata had tried to pull off a surprise look but Tazuna just waved it off. "Don't even bother. You wouldn't have approached me, let alone talked about your plans if you didn't know who I was."

Naruto rubbed his head sheepishly. "Sorry."

Another dismissing wave. "All in the past now. Now come along. Let's  go to my house and get you two set up somewhere. You'll be here awhile."