Chapter 14: Confrontation with Itachi

Naruto and Hinata slipped out of the compound quietly without being seen. They tracked Itachi from behind, one they got a visual on him they transformed. The five year-olds were replaced with a brown hair, green eyed, young man and a slim, blond hair, and blue eyed young woman.

They diminished their chakra signatures and then kept along the rooftops. They kept pace with Itachi all the way across the village till they had almost reached the compound. Then they took action.

Naruto flung a kunai in Itachi's direction and the young teen immediately dodged and turned to face the spot where they were hidden. Itachi brandished his own kunai, sharingan spinning.

"Who's there? Show yourself!" Itachi demanded threateningly. Naruto stepped out of the shadows and took a step forward so Hinata could stand behind and to the left of him.

"Itachi Uchiha." Naruto's voice was unrecognizable as he let some of Kurama's timbery malice seep into his tone. "We have something to discuss with you."

"And what might that be?" Itachi gave nothing away. Not a hint of curiosity. Just responding to the offer.

"The nature of your involvement and role in the quelling of the Uchiha Rebellion."

A brief flash crossed Itachi's eyes before he tightened his grip and made his face stone once more. "I have nothing to say on the matter."

A light laugh echoed from behind Naruto. It was Hinata. Her voice also disguised. "Oh but we do." She took a step so that she was shoulder to shoulder with Naruto. "You see Itachi. We have come into some information about the nature of a mission you will asked to undertake. And should you accept the mission it will mean the destruction of your clan."

Itachi stared in silence. Saying nothing. Only observing the two in front of him.

"Itachi Uchiha." Naruto's voice held an air of authority that made Itachi want to kneel like he would in front of the Hokage as he was being addressed. "My friend and I wish to avoid the total destruction of your clan."

"And why is that?" Itachi fixed his eyes on the two, reading every shift of their clothing in the slight breeze.

"Reasons we can not say. But know this. Should you accept the mission that will be given to you by Councilman Danzo, we ask you one thing." He paused. "Let the children live."

Itachi stared in confusion now. He didn't give any response to the request of the man. It was then the woman who spoke up.

"As to what you wish to qualify as children is up to you. But know that should you forgo this request. Your life will not be one of ease no matter what path you take after the deed is done."

Itachi observed the woman. She was more relaxed than the man. The man was tense with wariness while she stood there with confidence in her belief he would not attack them.

"Think of your brother when you decide your answer to our request at the time it comes. And with that, Itachi Uchiha, we shall take out leave."

And the pair disappeared with a gust of wind and a few leaves.

Itachi stood there. Still poised for attack. What had just happened. The whole encounter had taken less that three minutes. But it had felt like ages had passed between terse replies and requests.

Slowly, Itachi eased out of his crouch. He kept a kunai in hand and his senses on high alert as he walked the final distance to the front gate of the Uchiha compound. He nodded at the solo guard at the station and made his way to his home.

He entered the door with a call of "I'm home," and took off his sandals to hear the sound of Sasuke racing towards him. He turned and caught his brother as he leapt for a hug.

Swinging his brother around brother around with a small smile he remembered the man's departing warning. 'Think of your brother when you decide your answer to our request.'

What did it mean?

________

Naruto and Hinata crash landed onto Naruto's bed as the substitution jutsu dumped them out. They would need to work on that. Even if the jutsu wasn't meant for very long distances that landing was too rough. Naruto hadn't remastered the Yellow Flash technique his father used yet so extremely long distance substitution had been their only option for a hasty retreat.

It had taken enough of their chakra that the transformation broke. So a now six year-old Naruto and a five year-old Hinata were now sprawled across Naruto's bed spread.

They just laid there. Slowly settling the queasy state of their stomachs before Hinata let out a small giggle that resulted in both of them beat red and out of breath.

Hinata calmed down first. "What," gasp, "was that?!"

"I don't know!"

"It was hilarious!"

"I know!"

"You were so serious and scary!"

Naruto groaned. "I know! But he got the point didn't he."

"Yes I believe he did. You sounded like a true Hokage. I could see the little twitch he made and the spike in his chakra when you did that! He wanted to kneel in front of you!"

Naruto covered his face. "I just tried to sound like Kakashi when he got truly mad at us! I don't mean to sound like some dark-do-gooder! I just wanted him to listen!"

"He listened alright! Nee, Hokage-sama, dearest husband, do you have any other missions you want to deal out tonight?"

"Hinata!" Naruto growled out in frustration. "Quit makin fun of me! Its not nice!"

Hinata just giggled and gave Naruto a peck on the lips. "I know it's not but it's so funny!"

Naruto growled again before lunging out and wrapping Hinata in his arms. Hinata squealed and tried to get away but Naruto was too strong for her. Naruto froze and then grinned wickedly.

"Hey Hina-chan." The lilting notes he put in those words made her shiver in  excitement and a bit of apprehension. "You remember what happens when you make me mad right?"

Her eyes widened. Oh no. She started to struggle even more. Naruto tsked.

"Can't get away Hina-chan." Hinata gulped before she felt his fingers ghost over her stomach. Oh no. She was done for.

She felt his hands on her stomach and then it started. She convulsed under his touch. Writhing and trying to get away. But it was useless. She couldn't maintain control of her limbs when he did this. It was so unfair! Why did she have to be so ticklish!

(I know what you're thinking and I am so onto you. Perverts. :p)

Hinata writhed and squirmed and she was laughing so hard her sides ached in seconds. She tried to focus but she couldn't. Every limb and nerve in her body was protesting against the torture that was the tickling. She thrashed for about five minutes till Naruto had his fill of getting his revenge.

The tickling ceased and Hinata lay there panting. Her mouth wide open, sucking down lung fulls of air. Her eyes were closed but when she opened them and tilted her head to look into Naruto's eyes. He gulped. There was murder in those eyes.

"Sorry?"