Chapter 10: Date Night

It was now August. Exactly one month since their jump back in time. And Naruto had plans. Not big ones but plans none the less. He and Hinata had mastered the transformation jutsu and could now hold the transformation for an hour and a half. They had increased all their skills exponentially and Hiashi was dumbfounded. 

Hiashi had tested them again over a span of two days and had promptly sat down on the ground and held his head in his hands for a few minutes when he analyzed the results. It wasn't possible,  but they were at record levels for intelligence, except for Naruto in math but not everyone excelled at that, they knew theories and history and knew the technical aspects of many jutsus. Naruto had even demonstrated his used of the shadow clones. Which he could now make and maintain for long amounts of time. Not in the numbers he used too, but five clones that lasted for over two hours and could function completely independently.

Hinata was becoming a master in taijutsu. She didn't have much for power comparatively but she moved with a  fineness that only a seasoned fighter would show. For her size Hinata was extremely powerful. Naruto while skilled at taijutsu was no match for Hinata. Something made Hiashi proud but also scared. He didn't just have two prodigies on his hands. He had too certifiable geniuses. 

When Naruto had approached Hiashi about taking the day that was one month since they started to train off, Hiashi had weakly agreed. It wasn't like missing any day they wanted to harm them. The two children were starting to scare Hiashi.  He wanted to know the full story that they wouldn't tell him but knew he wouldn't get it unless they wanted to tell him. So he let Hinata and Naruto go for the day and decided that there was a pile of paperwork to do before he would spend some time with Hanabi. Not much. Maybe just sit with his other daughter as she played. Hinata was growing up too fast, but he still had time with Hanabi.

------

Naruto and Hinata were spending the morning in Naruto's apartment just spending time together and discussing their plans slowly. They decided that they had to interfere with the Uchiha massacre. Not stop it. Just save the lives of the children that didn't deserve their fate. They couldn't blame Itachi for what he had done in the old time line. But now they could change it and they would. They slowly formed a plan to corner Itachi sometime while in a transformed disguise and alert him to the rumors. They would then plant the idea of removing the children from the area when he dealt with the adults. They knew that Obito would be approaching itachi to help him carry out the attack and they had to convince Itachi that accepting Obito's help was a bad idea. 

Itachi's actions as a double agent were already started, with Shishui's death having been four months before they arrived so they had just over a year to act. The massacre took place on August 25th after Sasuke turned 7 so Naruto and Hinata would still be six when they were trying to confront Itachi. A thought that chilled them to the bone. They may be advanced but Itachi was in ANBU, had gone through official training with with seven years of experience on them. They may have the memories from their old life but their bodies weren't ready. They would need to continue the drastic training schedule Hiashi had them on.

But for tonight, all that could wait. Naruto had spent the late hours of last night in a transformation winning bets at a bar so that he could take Hinata out for a date. He remembered how his first attempt at a date with Hinata had gone and he chuckled to himself. This time it would be a lot easier because he had practice at the whole "take my wife on a date" thing. 

As the afternoon trickled away the couple had come to a semi-final plan for how to handle the academy when they were eight. They would join the class but they wouldn't show how advanced they were. They would stay in the lower end of the top ranks in all categories. Naruto would cause minor trouble so that he could build that bond with Iruka. That was their plan anyway. Who knew how much would change in the two years till the time came.

When they glanced at the clock and saw that the time had struck seven they went to go get ready. Now they could just do a transformation for their clothes but transformation clothes never looked right. So instead they were transforming into their older selves with only tiny difference in details. Naruto was going to hide his whisker marks and Hinata was trying out a shorter hairstyle that the one she had sported back before the jump.

After transforming into their older selves  they changed into the clothes Naruto had bought with his bar bet money. They weren't super fancy but they were nice dress clothes that would work for their date. The couple held hands and left Naruto's apartment. They walked along swinging their hands together and just chatting freely about random things they saw on the street. They heard a few whispers as they walked past but it was only whispers about how cute they looked and wondering who they were since no one knew them. 

Naruto led the way to one of the few fancy restaurants in Konoha and held the door open for Hinata as she walked in. It was a nice warm night so neither had a a coat and they walked up to the receptionist. Naruto flashed a smile, "Hello. Reservation under Namikaze for two?"

The receptionist returned the smile and glanced at her list quickly. "Of course. You're table is in the back let me show you to your seats." 

Naruto turned with a smile to Hinata and grabbed her hand again as he led her after the receptionist. The lady, whose name tag read Amiko, showed them to a table in a back corner of the restaurant. Naruto pulled Hinata's chair out for her and then went to go sit in his own after she had taken a seat. They continued to chat for a minute before a waiter came by to deliver their menus. The discussed the menu and decided on what to order. 

For Naruto a simple pasta dish with chicken and a cheesy sauce. For Hinata another pasta dish but hers came with a small portion of beef and a white wine sauce. When the waiter came back they ordered their meal with only water too drink. They may have been able to drink sake in their old bodies but their new young bodies would not like the alcohol one bit. 

Naruto looked up at his wife. The soft smile on her face made his heart melt. It made all his worries about what they had planned for the future melt away. He was happy to just exist here with her. 

Hinata caught the look on her husbands face and smiled softly at him with a soft blush on her face. No woman could be on the receiving end of that look and not blush. But the fact that she would be the only woman to ever get that look from Naruto was what made it even more special. Naruto was looking at her like she was the most precious thing in the world. Tonight, in this restaurant with him, she felt like it. She may have had her doubts when they were younger but she was loving every moment they spent together. 

This was bliss.