Chapter 8: Night-time Shenanigans

It was the second night Naruto had made use of his new room in the Hyuga compound. But this night he wouldn't be staying in it. During the three weeks since they had made the jump through time there was one thing Naruto and Hinata had started to miss terribly. Their time alone together. 

It wasn't even the intimate moments they were missing, it was just the pure time along in each others company, cuddling and just talking together that they missed. Being five, but being used to a full committed relationship sucked. They wanted to cuddle and talk, kiss and maybe more. But being five they didn't have the opportunities or time for any of that. But now they did. Naruto had spent the first night in his new room with Hinata curled up to his side with his arms around her. It didn't matter what size they were, she still fit into his arms perfectly. 

But this night he was the one pulling the risky move. He crept along the hallway until he reached Hinata's door and eased it open. He slid into her room quietly and was greeted with the sight of his lovely wife sitting on the edge of her bed waiting for him. He walked over and pulled her to his chest. He fell back onto her bed and held her close. She shifted in his grasp so that she could cling onto him too. They both missed this. The sweet innocent contact with each other. Just being able to hold her in his arms made his heart jump with joy. 

He leaned his head into the crook of her neck and just laid there. Absorbing the fact that he had her close again. He was so blissfully happy that even Hiashi storming into the room wouldn't make him let go. He just held onto her and she onto him.

Hinata had missed the feeling of his arms around her. It didn't matter that the arms that now held her now smaller frame weren't the arms she was used too. All that matter was that it was Naruto. She tilted her head and kissed Naruto lightly on the cheek. He paused and lifted his head up to smile at her. He shifted his hold on her and then pressed a feather light kiss to her lips. 

Hinata's heart flutters and she kisses Naruto back gently and sweetly. It was slightly awkward being as they were in their five year old bodies but the fact that it was still them underneath hadn't changed.

(Hello. this is where I break in to state that I am not in support of extremely young relationships that cross too many boundary lines at a very young age. That being said this case is unique to the dilemma of being a time traveler stuck in your younger body. If you have read my other story, After the Kiss, you know that I am a believer in waiting till after marriage. Once again we are brought to the unique circumstance I have created. I know I may have just made some of you angry but that is where I stand. Now that this is maybe somewhat dealt with lets continue where the story left off.)

Naruto kissed her again and then wrapped his arms around her again. He wouldn't lie and say he didn't miss the feel of his wife's grown up body. But what mattered the most was the fact that what he really loved was still there in his arms. He would stay five years-old for the rest of his life as long as he had her by his side. Hinata snuggled into his arms and Naruto sighed and fell asleep with the smell of her in his arms once again.

---------

Now one year and four month old Hanabi had a simple mind. And her one quest was to spend time with her big sister. And how did Hanabi get time with her sister? Hanabi got to wake Hinata up every now and then. Now when Hanabi opened her sisters door and crept as quietly as she could across the room. She had a simple plan in mind. She would climb on Hinata and wake her up. Then they could play for  bit before breakfast. So when Hanabi crept up to the side her sisters bed and jumped, she was confused by she found herself looking into the eyes of the boy who had been coming to breakfast lately.

His eyes widened as he shook the lump next to him that turned out to be her sister. When Hianta's eyes focused on her sister her own pale eyes widened in alarm.

"Hanabi what are you doing in here?"

Hanabi just looked at her sister. "Pway?"

Hinata sighed and glanced at Naruto, who was still frozen in shock, "She wants to play with me before breakfast. If she is awake before I am Natsu will let her come wake me up so I can play with her a bit." Naruto slowly nodded before picking Hanabi up under her arms and setting her into the space on the mattress between the couple. Naruto then slid out of the bed and with a longing look at Hinata he rushed out of the room and in the direction of his own room. 

Hinata now looked at the little girl who was her sister. Hanabi just looked confused at what went on. Hinata sigh and sat up. "What should we play Hanabi-chan?"

Hanabi clapped her hands and tried to pull her sister out of bed and over to the corner where Hinata's old toys sat. Hinata sighed. She missed him already.

------

Naruto stood panting behind his door. He was still breathing hard a minute later when a knock sounded on his door making him jump up and spin around to face the door. 

"Naruto time to get up." That was the voice of the servant who helped him and had given him the wake-up call the other morning. He had already been awake that time as Hinata had woken up and sneaked back to her room an half hour earlier.

"I'm up," Naruto managed to sound groggy like really had just woken up and hadn't been fleeing back to his own room seconds earlier.

"Okay, breakfast in fifteen minutes." And Naruto her the sound of footsteps retreating back down the hall. Naruto calmed himself down completely before getting ready to go to breakfast. 

Hiashi had provided him with a complete wardrobe to choose from. When Naruto had protested the gift Hiashi had waved him off saying that the son of a Hokage shouldn't go around looking like a homeless child. So Naruto had abandoned his trademark orange in favor of some dark greens with some tans and blues thrown in. As a joke Hinata had gotten him a pair of orange ninja sandals but Naruto had taken an instant liking to the ostentatious shoes and now wore them proudly. Granted he didn't wear them much in the compound since he rarely left the training hall if he was here but they made for a good accessory when he ventured into town.

Town had become a more enjoyable place as word spread that the Hyuga clan head had taken an interest in caring for Naruto and checking on the boy's well being. People reasoned that if a clan head was fine with letting the boy into his home then surely he was tolerable out on the street. There were a few that still taunted him but it was easier to make his way through town now without any harassment.

Naruto slid open his door and walked slowly through the halls of the house until he came to the breakfast room.  He entered the room with a bow to Hiashi and seats himself in his usual spot. A few minutes later Hinata and Hanabi enter. Hanabi was chattering excitedly about something and Hinata is just smiling at her little sister. When they enter Hinata looks up at Naruto and a light dusting of a blush cover Hinata's cheeks.

They all sit down ad manage to eat a peaceful meal before Hiashi clears his throat. "Naruto and Hinata. You two are free today. I have a meeting so you are free to spend the day as you wish."

Hinata grinned and Naruto smiled bright. this would only be their third off day in the three weeks they had been training under Hiashi. A normal kid would crumble under the training pressure but Naruto and Hinata had their own training planned and were happy to have the time.