Chapter 37: A Night Out

Life in the Land of Waves had never stopped being interesting. After Iruka had come and gone, tears were shed, and a letter was written, things settled back into place.

Naruto and Hinata had taken three days to write the very simple letter. Then they had tracked down and managed to get Hinata a summoning contract with the Tigers. Naruto still hadn't connected with the toads and he was a little annoyed at that fact now. He still trained but he knew he couldn't advance much further without the supervision of the toads.

After Hinata had made the contract and established a bond they had sent out the letter and had convinced Tazuna to let them work again. It had been rough but the persistent argument of "we were doing it earlier" and that "they needed something to do" worked wonders. Though Naruto now got all the rest in the world and Hinata was kicked out more frequently too.

It had been a long day of repetitive work when Naruto decided that he and Hinata deserved a break. Nothing major, they got time to rest reguraly. He meant just a leave their worries behind break. A date night away from everything.

He knew what needed to be done. He made three more clones, all looking like his older self,  and sent them back towards the now faraway shore. One was going to Hinata to tell her his plan, the second to go find a good spot, and the third to get food.

Now to wait and work away.

-------

When Naruto's clone tried to sneak up on her she giggled silently. When he failed and ended up sprawled at her feet she smiled and laughed.

"What are you doing?"

A blush dusted her husband's face. "Ummm. Surprise?"

She laughed more and then pulled Naruto to his feet. Noting the fact that he was older not younger. She still worked under a transformation because the added height was necessary for the work she was doing and to avoid the question of why a six year old was working on a bridge. Naruto was capable of working in his six year old body and since no one saw himhe could save his chakra by not adding transformation to the clones.

So when an older clone came to visit her she knew he had mischief planned.

"To what do I owe this surprise?"

"Simple. Date night. We havent gotten away since we got here. Little breaks and rest but no true gettaway since we gor here. So, I suggest a moonlit picnics out somewhere. A beautiful evening where I get to kiss you and hear you laugh. Where I get to spoil my Hina-hime again."

Hinata faught the raging blush on her cheeks. It was a losing battle. "Y-you and your horrible smooth-talking are lucky I married you because thats the only reason that worked." She defiently stuck her toungue out.

Naruto chuckled and pecked her cheek. "It's a date then. I better let the other get back to work and further the plans."

Hinata giggled. "I love you."

"Course ya do." A wink."I love you too." A chuckle and the clone was gone and the real Naruto was chuckling at Hinata and everything about her that makes him love her.

He set back to work knowing he still had plenty to do before he could possibly go back and go on a date.

__________

Naruto washed up and tried to tame his rambunctious hair. It wasn't working. He didn't need it to lay flat or anything. He just wanted it to be somewhat organized looking. Totally not like he had been doing hard manual labor all day.

If there was one thing the building was good for it was building strength and muscle. His six year old body was lacking of baby fat but was filled out with some still rather soft muscle. It was a process. He couldnt soley build muscle because excessive muscle tone could hinder his bodies development. So he just had casual muscle from labor not working out.

He was a right handsome little devil and he knew it. But Hinata always took his breath away with her decieving innocence and pure angelic face. The same face and eyes that had make armies tremble at her feet when she was mad.

His princess derserved the world. So tonight he was going to give it to her. Nothing excessively big just try and make her feel how much he cared for her. He glanced at the clock it was time for them to go. Hinata was downstairs chatting with Tsunami.

________

Hinata waited for Naruto in the kitchen. Tsunami was twirling around the kitchen with Inari in a high chair laughing as he watched his mother dance. It was a sweet picture. Something she could see herself doing in her new future.

She felt Naruto's presence get closer and saw him coming down the stairs. She giggled softly. He was dressed nicer. Not fancy,  just clean and new. She was glad she had gone for a similar dress choice. Soemthing that Tsunami had given her a week ago.

Naruto walked over a gave her a kiss on the forehead before pulling her out of her chair and towards the door. Hinata called back to Tsunami, who had become occupied with something on the counter and had been oblivious to Naruto's arival. "We're leaving. We'll try to be back before midnight."

Tsunami waved a hand and focused back on whatever she was trying to make. Hinata smiled. Tsunami was filling in as a mother role to the two now. She had before but she had stepped up her mama game after the big age reveal. Hugs and forehead kisses. Cutely packed lunches. It was a different experience for the two. Hinata was having trouble adjusting from a caretaker role to being taken care of again.

She had been making lunches, cooking meals, doing laundry, cleaning their home. She had been the head of her own household before the jump. She had maintained her lifestyle some by managing Naruto's apartmwnt and she had constantly helped Tsunami out when they forst got here.

But now Tsunami made Hinata sit back and treated her like she should be the kid. Like before was the pretend. Not now. And it really annoyed Hinata. She couldn't fault Tsunami in the slightest but it just irritated her.

Hinata's internal musings were cut short with a chuckle from Naruto.

"I know that look." They were now at the end of the forest. "You want to be the head of house again."

Hinata shot him a look. He raised his hands in surrender. "Hey! I know my wife! That's the look you got when Sakura's mom and Natsu teamed up to try and help by cleaning our house for us as a wedding gift. You ended up snatching the cleaning supplies from their hands and almost shoving them out the door. As politely as you coukd of course." Hinata rolked her eyes and sighed.

"It wasn't like that. The house was a  perfect balance of lived in clean and as it was my house I knew if it needed to be cleaned. And it's not like that. It's just that I feel like I should be doing sonething."

Naruto chuckled. "You do so much already, my love."

Hinata lightly smacked his arm. "You're being extra flirty. Especially with the nicknames. What did you do?"

Another surrender under her gaze. "Nothing! Just teasing you Hina. I like your blush! It's one of my favorote thinsg about you. So yes, if being a flirty dork gets you do blush I will do it till the day I die!"

Another round of giggles with a blush. "Just tell me where we're going."

"A paradise."

Simply said, but a true understatement. What Naruto had to show her that night would change their plans again and set things in motion. Date night was about to get much more interesting as the couple walked into a clearing by a pond and was greeted with a croak of, "Finally! I've been waiting!"