Chapter 9: Personal Training

After Hinata and Naruto left the compound they made a beeline for Naruto's apartment. Racing at their newly increased speed so that they could avoid any unwanted attention, they rushed into the apartment and closed the door with a satisfying click.
Naruto placed his hand on the wall next to the door and pulsed some chakra into the wall. There was a light shimmer and a barrier went up. This barrier would keep out anyone who wasn't Naruto or Hinata. It had taken a while but Naruto had recreated the seals perfectly. Now they could practice their simple jutsu in secret. Things like clones, transformations and other gennin level jutsu.

Naruto wasn't even going to try a rasengan with his current chakra levels and his weak control over the large amounts of chakra he had. So for now they stuck to the basic jutsu. Naruto had managed to create one shadow clone that lasted for five minutes. He had been completely exhausted after that attempt a week ago. But this week Hinata was working on one jutsu and so was Naruto. They both wanted to get this jutsu mastered again so that they could spend some time in public together.

They were working on the transformation jutsu. The results had been promising a their last practice session and they had a good feeling that with the added chakra control they had gotten back from training with Hiashi they could do it now.

Naruto went first. He calmed his breathing and heart rate. Gathered the chakra inside and then flew threw the hand signs. There was a large poof, and Naruto was now looking down at Hinata. He didn't think it was his full height from when he was nineteen but it was better. Hinata smiled at him and told him to turn around.

Thirteen year-old Naruto greeted him in the mirror. A big smile broke out on his face. It was a definite improvement. Naruto turned to Hinata.

"Why don't you try for thirteen and see if you can reach that age too?"

Hinata smiled before closing her eyes and then flying through the hand signs as well. A large poof and Naruto was looking at the thirteen year-old version of his wife. Naruto started to grin like a maniac. They were getting there.

An idea crossed his mind. It wasn't as awkward to kiss his wife when they were thirteen. He took a step over to Hinata and tilted her chin up. She looked at him with a smirk that told him she knew what he was doing. Naruto crushed their lips together and they reveled in their first real kiss in weeks.

A quick lick to Hinata's top lip and Naruto was exploring the wonders of his wife's mouth. They kissed and ran their hands through each others hair for a full five minutes. Each taking deep gasps of air when they needed to so that they didn't waste any time.

Naruto felt the shakiness in his limbs that told the transformation was at an end. He kissed Hinata one more time before letting go and releasing the transformation. Another poof and his five year-old wife was in front of him again. She was still breathing hard and Naruto blushed at the thought of what they'd just done but at the same time he was exhilarated.

He had made progress on the jutsu and he had gotten to make-out with his wife. A very good win-win situation. More chakra control practice and soon they wouldn't be forced to release the jutsu earlier than they wanted.

Naruto cupped Hinata's face and Hinata leaned into his hand. Hinata was still breathing hard but she was so happy. She had missed that. Even of it was only five minutes it was an amazing feeling. They were making progress fast.

Hinata sighed softly and then dragged Naruto over to the couch and then plopped down and cuddled with Naruto. They needed to figure out a plan and quickly. The first big event was coming up, they hadn't planned on changing this but now that they were here they needed to decided if they were going to interfere. They knew Itachi did it for a reason, but what if they could change something.

Hinata spoke, "Naruto? What if we have Itachi not kill the children. I know the whole issue is awful but the Uchiha clan's coup needs to be stopped. But if we can save the children do you think that Sasuke will still go rogue when the time comes? Having kids his age that are still from his clan also might help him cope better so he doesn't go emo."

Naruto chuckled at her last statement. "I like that idea. But how? We don't have any connection to the Uchiha yet. We can't just kidnap multiple kids from a noble clan for a night. Itachi will know something is up."

Hinata nodded slowly. "What if we get the Third to word the mission so that Itachi must spare the children?"

"It could work if we had any idea how to influence the Third like that. Lord Third was a great man but he was too soft on many issues. Him giving in to the mob's blame towards the Uchiha's after Kuruma's rampage, only helped drive the clan to this point.

"We'd need to influence Itachi himself. It was up to Itachi what level of destruction he played upon the clan. If we make Itachi unable to kill any of the kids then it should change things for the better."

Hinata nodded and snuggled into Naruto's side. She was scared to think they'd have to face Itachi when he was this young. How would they even find Itachi to start? And what would they say? There was so much too do that it scared them sometimes. The struggle of do we try and change this or do we let it play out for the better ending later on?

They were still in the process of deciding if they even wanted to bother with going to the academy. They wanted to still have the relationships with their friends and Naruto still wanted Iruka to be part of his life. They could build the friendships by finding and playing with their friends at the park and such but as for how to connect Naruto with Iruka again they were at a loss.

They were tired from using a lot of their chakra in the transformation so they decided a nap would be a wonderful thing. Snuggling into each others arms they drifted into an uneasy sleep. They had too much on their minds for a peaceful rest.