So you COULD have given me food poisoning?

-MINA POV-

"So uh Chaeyoung? What do we do now? Should we go back to school?" I asked in a mini state of panic. After all, I had just not turned up to school with no notice and I didn't fancy getting into trouble on my second day.

Chaeyoung must have noticed my concern because she just waved her hand lazily, dismissing my words.

"Look don't worry, Jeongyeon sorted it out for us so we can just go in tomorrow."

"Well Mina, what should we do today?"

"U-Uh I, I don't know?"

My mind went blank for two reasons; one being that I was in shock since Son Chaeyoung had just made the slight implication that we'd be doing something together, and two, I genuinely couldn't think of anything.

So instead I said the first thing that came to mind.

"Can we go grocery shopping? I need to stock up on food."

She stared back at me, desperately trying to suppress a smile from covering her face.

"So is that what friends do? Go grocery shopping?" She laughed, as I looked down to hide my flaming cheeks.

"Yes. Now let's go," I answered swiftly, slipping on my jacket and walking towards the door, with Chaeyoung following behind.

-CHAEYOUNG POV-

Of all the fun things she could have chosen to do today, she chose grocery shopping? What a strange person. Yet here we are.

We walked to Mina's house so she could pick up her purse and then caught a bus into the town centre. The journey was mostly just Mina playing on her phone whilst I stared out the window. I'm glad she didn't try to force a conversation or anything because the silence that settled upon us was still, but surprisingly comfortable.

Mina rushed into the store, with me following behind as she picked out a variety of vegetables and other ridiculously healthy things.

"Mina are you a rabbit? What's with all of the plants?" I asked, confused by the various fresh ingredients, most of which I had no idea what were called.

She turned around and raised her eyebrow. God she looked.. She looked deflated.

"Chaeyoung it's called being healthy. You're such a kid.." She let out a soft laugh.

A kid? I'm not a kid. She's barely that much older than me anyway, and so what if she's taller than me! That doesn't mean I'm a child?

I frowned at her. "I'm not a kid and anyway you're only a year above me, so you can't talk!"

Mina looked at me with a stare that my own mother's face could have held; stern but knowledgeable, making me feel young and embarrassed.

She continued walking forward, weaving in and out of the endless aisles with me following at her tail like a child. Although we weren't really engaged in any conversation (apart from the occasional mutters of names of foreign produce I had never heard of) it was a comfortable silence. A silence that felt warm.

Soon enough she turned to look at me with a tired, yet gentle, smile on her face.

"Chaeyoung! We're done!" She sang, as I returned her smile with one of my own.

We paid the cashier and then left, catching a bus back to Mina's place. I walked with her to the front door, before bidding her goodbye and turning round to leave. However, my departure was interrupted by the soft grip of the girl's hand pulling me back.

"Stay for dinner? As a token of my gratitude. And you can taste my amazing cooking!"

"I'm sorry I don't really fancy getting food poisoning," I answered.