Sounds Good

"Mina? Mina, wake up..."

Chaeyoung shuffled slightly, opening her eyes at the persistent knocking on the door.  She suddenly broke into a smile, realising that her head was resting on Mina's stomach, with the older girl's arms firmly wrapped around Chaeyoung.

Again, the knocking at the door filled Mina's apartment, making Chaeyoung groan. She didn't want to wake Mina up, but if no one answered the door, then she would probably end up awake due to whoever was doing the damn knocking.

With a sigh, Chaeyoung gently unwrapped Mina's arms from around her and tiptoed towards the door, swinging it open in irritation. "Look, you gotta quieten down, yeah? Some people are trying to slee- What the fuck do you think you're doing here?" Chaeyoung asked, looking up at a nervous figure standing above her.

"I-is Mina here? I need to tal-"

"She's not here," Chaeyoung answered quickly, closing the door ever so slightly so Mina couldn't be seen. "You sure as hell aren't going anywhere near her. Leave, Jae. Right now."

"I need to talk to her," He answered stubbornly, raising his voice.

Chaeyoung stepped forward, giving him a shove and catching him off guard, meaning he stumbled backwards ever so slightly.

This was probably a bad move on Chaeyoung's part, considering Jae was a whole 30cm taller than her, and definitely a whole lot stronger. In her mind, she was in a panic but she tried her best to keep on a stoic expression.

"What the hell?!" Jae yelled in indignation. "I literally just need to talk to her, why are you acting so weird?"

Chaeyoung stared him down for a moment, bewildered.

"You wanna know why I don't want you to see Mina?" She asked in a low voice. "Because you hurt her. Have you seen her face, or her wrists? Who knows where else she's hurt. Because of you. So leave."

Chaeyoung had completely guessed that Mina's injuries were a result of Jae's rage, but she could not have been more on the ball.

"H-hurt her? I would never. I didn't do an-"

"Chaeng?" A quiet voice cut through Jae's words. "Who's there?"

Mina walked up behind Chaeyoung, wrapping an arm around her waist before finally noticing who the unwanted visitor was.

"Oh. Jae," She said simply, looking him up and down with a blank expression. "You look a mess."

This was true, to say the least. Jae's hair had a striking resemblance to an abandoned mop, and his eyes were decorated with dark bags, hinting that he had barely gotten any sleep.

"O-oh. Well Mina I need to talk to you," He answered, shaking off Mina's comment.

"No... I don't think you do," Mina spoke softly, taking a step forward and leaving Chaeyoung's  side.

"W-what?" Jae said, confused.

"You don't need to  talk to me. You just want to so that you can clear your guilty conscience." As Mina spoke, her words were barely audible, but she was calm. And every word she spoke held an eerie air to them. Each of them cut into Jae like shards of ice; delicate and beautiful, but still sharp and ever so dangerous.

Jae was unsure of how to react, as was Chaeyoung. Neither of them had ever seen Mina seem so... Scary. Both of them were terrified, though it's fair to say that Jae was more so.

Mina took another step towards Jae, so that their faces were parallel to each other. She leant forward and placed a soft, chaste kiss on his cheek.

"Jae. Leave," She said, taking a step back.

Before he could say another word, Mina's fist was suddenly cutting through the air, hitting him perfectly on the jaw with a strong right hook. Jae groaned in pain and stumbled back (again) clutching the side of his face. He wiped his mouth with the back on his hand, his eyes widening a he saw a trail a blood.
"What the f-"

And then Mina closed the door.

She turned around to face Chaeyoung, who stood in shock. "Chaeng you good?"

Chaeyoung gulped and nodded.

"Mina that was SO hot."

Mina just shook her head and laughed.

"That punch bloody hurt though. Anyway, i'll give you some clothes so we can get dressed and go get some breakfast. Sound good?"

"Sounds good."

-

As the two walked along the street, Chaeyoung's mind couldn't help but venture back to the topic of Jae. He had hesitated when she accused him of hurting Mina, so what did that mean? Did something actually happen. The thought of him laying a filthy finger on Mina (or any other girl for that matter) made Chaeyoung's blood boil. She reached out and grabbed Mina's hand, intertwining their hands together, instantly calming her mind.

Mina glanced at her in question and then smiled.

"I'm glad that your hand has found its home, Chaeng."

Chaeyoung just grinned to herself as they made their way into a small, industrial cafe and sat down, a waitress taking down their orders.

Soon enough their food came, Chaeyoung's being a stack of pancakes topped with chocolate and strawberries and Mina's being some sort of fruit salad, with a steaming americano.

As Mina reached out for her coffee, Chaeyoung quickly grabbed her hand and began examining it.

"Damn, you must have a pretty mean punch. Your hand is starting to bruise. Let's ice it at some point, yeah? You can just put it on Jae's heart because his heart is probably made of ice."

Mina laughed, but then shook her head in disagreement. "I don't think so. I don't think he meant for anything to happen. The look in his eyes... He looked like he was in pain, Chaeng."

"He probably was since you punched him," Chaeyoung answered bluntly.

"That's not what I meant," Mina waved off the comment. "Eat your damn pancakes kid, they're gonna get cold."

"Whatever- Hey, I'm not a kid!"

-

Jae ran down the flight of stairs from Mina's apartment, clutching his jaw. He could not understand why Mina wouldn't listen to him; he just wanted to make things right. 

Oh, wait.

Maybe she didn't want to hear anything he had to say because he hurt her. And he did. He hurt her a lot. But it wasn't really his fault. At some point within his upbringing, probably whilst he was being treated like a punchbag by whoever his mother's trashy boyfriend was at the time, a switch had finally flipped, opening up a part of him he didn't know existed. Something monstrous inside of him. 

That's why he could barely remember anything that had happened the night he had hurt Mina, beating her just as he had once been. 

And he felt bad. He felt guilty. He felt disgusted with himself, and the part of his being that he just could not control. Some sort of evil alter-ego.

Finally, Jae was outside. He walked down the pavement, till he finally reached his car, launching himself into it before anyone saw him. He leant forward and started the ignition.

From the backseat, a voice piped up. 

"Jae why are you crying? And why are you bleeding...?"

Jae turned around wide eyed. 

"Why the FUCK are you in my car?!"

-

hellooooo sorry this update took a while bc my wifi is down :/

but it's here!!!!! its a bit short tho sorry :(

but yeah 

also if you see updates from older chapters just ignore it thats just me editing n shit. 

love y'all thanks for reading  

<3