Whatever you say... But I still think she's scary as fuck.

-MINA POV-

I woke up the next morning to a harsh knocking at my front door. I groaned whilst wrapping a blanket around myself and rolled out of my bed, stretching as I went to go greet whoever my persistent alarm was.

I pulled open the door whilst rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, letting out a soft sigh seeing who was waiting for me. Chaeyoung stood awkwardly in front of me and flashed me a nervous grin; I shot back with a questioning glare of my own.

"Chaeng, what are you doing here this early?"

"I can go if you don't want me here.." She answered turning around to leave.

I grabbed her arm with a huff and dragged her small frame inside. I made her sit down in front of me and stood with my arms folded.

"Now explain why you felt the need to disturb my sleep."

She looked up at me with small smile. "Well first of all, if I hadn't turned up you probably would have been late for school, considering we need to be there in around half an hour. Secondly I brought breakfast!"

She held out a small bag towards me. "Careful, I worked hard trying not to spill the drinks."

I cautiously took the bag into my own hands, pulling out its contents and placing them on the kitchen table. There were two Venti Starbuck's Lattes and two (still steaming) toasties. I couldn't describe how I was feeling other than being 'fully shook' as a result of her sudden generosity.

Before I had the slightest chance to thank her, Chaeyoung began to talk again.

"I think everything's still too hot yet to eat so get ready for school. No offense but you look a mess!" She chirped, with waaaaay too much enthusiasm.

I scowled at her (which she just annoyingly smirked at) before realising she was probably right. And that she had seen me with my bed hair.  I sent her a small nod and skulked back to my room in embarrassment. After sorting myself out and getting changed, I walked back to Chaeyoung, who lay sprawled across my sofa, still wrapped in her coat and scarf.

"Make yourself at home why don't you," I murmured to myself, walking over to her and pulling her towards the table. "Chaeng, let's eat."

She followed obediently, and sat down beside me as I handed her some food.

"Oh- Thank you for bringing me breakfast, I don't normally eat in the morning so this is nice."

She looked up and smiled (not smirked, believe it or not) at me. "Think of it as a thank you for last night."

"You didn't have t-"

"I wanted to." I was surprised at the firmness of her response, so I just nodded.

We finished our food and got ready to leave for school, drinks in hand as I closed the door behind us. We stepped outside into the sharp morning air, the soft breeze stinging at my cheeks.

Normally I would have caught the bus to school, but Chaeyoung insisted on walking, so that's what we did, sometimes springing into useless conversations (mostly her teasing me about my bed hair from before). Soon enough, and surprisingly within good time, we arrived at school and strolled through the entrance. As soon as we did so, I noticed a number of low murmurs that caught my ears, most of them consisting of the words "Son Chaeyoung" and "The New Kid".

Ah, so people were  talking about our acquaintance, like Jae had said.

Grand.

Chaeyoung glanced at me and whispered, "Don't worry about them," she gestured to the clumps of students, "They leech onto whatever 'gossip' they can get their hands on."

She continued to firmly pace through the corridors, an unimpressed frown decorating her face.

I, on the other hand, felt my face heating up. No doubt my cheeks were covered with their signature scarlet tint.

I just gripped onto her sleeve whilst trying to avoid the questioning gazes I was surrounded by, as she lead me through the crowd.

I had art class first and unlike the first day, I was glad that Chaeyoung was there with me.

We entered the class and I immediately spotted Jae, who was glancing to and fro from Chaeyoung to me. He furrowed his eyebrows into a doubtful expression, which confused me.

I sauntered over to him as Chaeyoung went to her seat.

"Hey, what's up with you?"

He folded his arms across his chest with a huff. "What's up with me? What's up with YOU? Yesterday you make out that you despise the girl-" He gestured towards Chaeyoung, "-And now you guys are getting coffee together??" He finished, as I took a small sip from the cup in my hand.

I shook my head, "Yeah- she's not as bad as I thought. I guess she just has a rough exterior.."

He raised his eyebrows and laughed.

"Whatever you say... (But I still think she's scary as fuck.)"

He looked genuinely scared as he whispered the last part, glancing at Chaeng in fear.

I slapped his arm.

"She's not scary at all."

"Whatever.." He rolled his eyes. "You still prefer me though, right?" Jae asked earnestly.

"I mean- Well she did  buy me breakfast..." I answered, grinning hopefully.

He sighed, "What about if I buy you lunch?"

"Yes I definitely prefer you," I nodded, whilst he just shot me a playful glare.

I finished talking to him and walked back to Chaeyoung, who was sat in her (or rather MY) seat, completely engrossed in her drawing. In fact she was concentrating so much that she didn't even notice me creeping up behind her. I noticed a couple of people watching me in fear, a few even mouthing for me to stop. By then I stood above Chaeyoung, who sat obliviously humming to herself.

I suddenly grabbed her shoulders, making her gasp in shock.

"Who the FUCK do you th- Oh Mina! You scared me.." She started speaking in a threatening manner, before realising it was me.

"Scaring you was kinda the aim," I answered, trying to suppress my laughter.

Now she buried her face in her hands, hiding her flushed cheeks as I rested my head on top of hers.

"Minaaaa, you're ruining my reputation," She groaned under her breath, gesturing to the few students who were watching us.

"Oh yeah, your oh-so precious reputation," I mocked, rolling my eyes, "Anyway, you're in my seat."

Chaeng stared at me in disbelief and opened her mouth to respond, but was interrupted by the teacher stumbling into the room. In one arm he was desperately trying to carry today's classwork and with the other he (somehow) was dragging along a small desk.

He looked up and caught my eye.

"Ah Mina! I brought a desk!" He said triumphantly.

I rushed towards the front to help him, pulling along an unwilling Chaeyoung with me. She gave me an impatient look, but still proceeded to help me lug the table to the back, next to her own. She grabbed a stray chair and put it behind the desk for me. I smiled in gratitude and then turned to the teacher to thank him.

However he simply stood wide-eyed at the front in confusion, about what, I had not a clue. I followed his gaze to Chaeyoung, who had returned to her seat and was paying no attention to anything but the drawing in front of her.

I guess she wasn't kidding about her 'reputation'.

I sat back down and listened to the teacher as he started the class.

-

right so i'm not really a fan of this chapter bc it's kind of just a filler but I can't actually continue the plot that I've planned without soooo many fillers so i'm sorry if this is boring or whatever ahhhhhh

anyway thank you for reading!!! <3

p.s. excuse grammar/spelling mistakes ty :/