Stirring trouble?

For a few moments, Mina paced around back and forth, trying to think of something to say to Chaeyoung. After all, this mess probably was her fault. She knew she shouldn't have kissed Chaeyoung back, seeing as it had clearly shaken up their relationship.

"Mina, please just stand still..." Chaeyoung finally broke the silence.

"Oh, yeah sorry." Mina spun around on her heel and turned to face Chaeyoung, immediately becoming concerned. Chaeyoung sat at a desk with her head down, hands covering her ears.

"Chaeng?" Mina asked softly, walking over to the girl who sat in a worrying silence. "You okay? What's wrong?"

"...Nothing. It's fine, don't worry." Chaeyoung answered weakly.

"Hey.. Look at me. You're obviously not okay."

In that moment, Chaeyoung felt so vulnerable. She didn't want to tell Mina anything.

Mina reached forward, placing her hands on top of Chaeyoung's and slowly lifting them up, off of the younger girl's face.

Their eyes met, with Mina's face etched with concern.

"Chaeyoung... Let me in. I want to help."

"Mina, you don't get it. I don't just have a little preschooler's crush on you. I really like you, okay? I really fucking like you and I miss talking to you and seeing you every day. And it really hurts." Chaeyoung winced as she spoke, almost as if the words themselves were painfully forced out of her mouth.

Maybe Mina should have been surprised, but she wasn't. She was not one bit surprised.

Probably because she felt the same? But she couldn't say that. She couldn't do that to Jae.

Mina was a good person.

So she just nodded.

"Chaeyoung... I miss you too. I miss you a lot. Can we please just go back to being friends for the time being? I think right now that's probably the best thing for both of us." As each word smoothly escaped her mouth, she instantly regretted what she was saying.

Nodding with a soft smile on her face, Chaeyoung sighed. "Yeah. Yeah, I'd like that."

"Good because I've missed having you pretending to be all intimidating, when really you're like a baby tiger."

Chaeyoung gave Mina a light shove and laughed. "Should I text Jeong so we can leave now?" She asked, pulling out her phone.

Mina nodded with a grin. "Good idea, we don't want any teachers to come looking for us."

After a few minutes, Chaeyoung's phone lit up with a 'ping' and her face immediately sank.

"Wait what's wrong?" Mina asked, noticing the sudden change in expression.

"These fucking assholes. You know what Jeong said?"

"...What did she say?"

"The door was never even fucking locked. They tricked us!" Chaeyoung stood up and made her way to the door, confirming that it had in fact never been locked in the first place. She kicked it open with a groan, mostly at her own stupidity.

"Mina, come on! We need to find them!" Chaeyoung yelled, grabbing Mina and pulling her along down the hallway, both of them in a fit of laughter.

-

Mina heaved a sigh of relief as her Maths class finally came to an end. Not only was it her worst subject, but it was also a class where Chaeyoung was able to annoy her throughout.