Stop flirting, you twat

Chaeyoung grinned to herself as she made her way to the school's cafeteria. If she said she wasn't absolutely overjoyed that Mina was finally single, she would be blatantly lying to herself and everyone around her. Her joyous humming, which accompanied her light footsteps, caught the attention of a handful of students here and there, who were no doubt surprised at the sheer amount of emotion Chaeyoung was physically displaying.

Her smile widened even more as she saw Jeongyeon and, most importantly, Mina. Both the older girls waved her over, Jeongyeon giving her a prompt high-five as she joined the pair.

"Chaeng, you good?" Jeongyeon questioned. "You look unusually happy today."

"I'm amazing Jeong. Absolutely amazing." Chaeyoung nodded, grinning at Mina, who just blushed.

Mina shuffled over to Chaeyoung's side and elbowed her side. "Stop flirting, you twat," she whispered in hushed tones, though not without a grin of her own.

"Flirt?" Chaeyoung faked a gasp of shock. "I would never!"

Mina just rolled her eyes as Jeongyeon shot both of them a questioning stare.

"Is there something I'm missing here?" She asked, gesturing to and fro between the pair.

Chaeyoung shrugged her shoulders, shaking her head. "To be honest, th- Ow!" She reached down and grabbed her foot, her face grimacing in pain.

"Oops. Sorry Chaengie, my foot slipped," Mina said, remaining completely blank-faced.

"Yeah, evidently," Chaeyoung replied, through gritted teeth.

-

A few hours passed and finally, lunch arrived. Nayeon sat quietly beneath a tree, working on some form of homework. She glanced up in surprise as a tall shadow fell upon her, its owner standing nervously in front of her.

"Jeong? You okay?" Nayeon asked, slightly confused.

"U-uh yeah, I'm good. Actually, I just wanted to ask you a question. Can I sit?" Jeongyeon gestured to the space next to Nayeon.

"Go for it."

Jeongyeon sat herself down, leaning her head against the trunk of the tree.

"Go shoot. What did you want to ask?" Nayeon questioned.

"I don't want to sound too nosy, but... Um..." Jeongyeon hesitated, rubbing the nape of her neck.

"Come on then, spit it out," Nayeon interrupted in her impatience.

"Are you and Momo a thing?" Jeongyeon asked quickly, her voice wavering.

"Y-you what?" Nayeon stuttered in surprised. This was probably the last thing she had expected to come out of Jeongyeon's mouth.

"Momo and I? We're not a thing." Hearing these words leave her mouth hurt, but Nayeon knew it was true. They were nothing.

Jeongyeon let out a sigh (of relief?) "Thanks Nabongs! Hey, I've gotta dash now, I'll see you around!"

With that, Jeongyeon rushed off with a grin, leaving Nayeon utterly confused. "What was that about..." She muttered, before turning back to her work.

Meanwhile, Jeongyeon walked briskly through the school halls, a wide grin covering her face. Now she knew for certain that Nayeon and Momo weren't together, she could finally shoot her shot. As she turned the corner, Jihyo and Tzuyu strolled into view, hand in hand.

"Jeong, hey! What's made you so happy, huh?" Jihyo asked, giving Jeongyeon a small wave.

"Oh nothing...Nothing! I'm just happy!" Jeongyeon nodded.