"Happiness."

(a/n) hello im here

"Laurence? Baby are you home?" The small blonde calls out, entering his boyfriend and his' shared house, placing his phone and his car keys down on the wooden side table. It had been 3 months since Laurence had entered alcohol rehab and Garroth was proud of his man. It started off at a party when Laurence completely got drunk but revealed it wasn't his first time becoming engulfed into the drunk state. Garroth kind of suspected it since they met, because of how his mom fell into an addiction of being an alcoholic after his grandpa passed, he recognized what an alcoholic looked like. Garroth had finally forced Laurence to go to rehab for alcohol after an incident that happened in which Laurence almost hit the blonde by accident while drunk and when the small male started noticing changes in his boyfriend such as depression, anxiety, and even small cases of schizophrenia, in which he quickly got over the schizophrenia a couple weeks after entering alcohol counseling. People had told him to escape his relationship with Laurence to shield himself from getting hurt, but what good what it do to leave a hurting man alone by himself, especially a man who doesn't know how to stop an addiction. He knew Laurence loved him and he knew the latino would only become worse if he didn't help. And now Laurence was beginning to become happier in life since he had gone 3 whole months in a row without drinking. With his alcohol counselor/therapist or whatever it was called right beside him. "Baby?" He calls out again, walking up the soft carpeted stairs and towards their shared bedroom. He could hear soft whimpers and cries from inside the room in which he quickly swung the door open to find his boyfriend rested on the bed crying into a pillow. "My love?! What's wrong?" He questions, hopping onto the blankets next to Laurence.

"This is so hard," The latino breathes in and out deeply while clutching the white fluffed pillow tightly. "It's so hard not to drink and I never thought it'd be this hard," He cries and cries, his head moving from the pillow and onto the smaller male's shoulder.

"Oh baby, I know but you—"

"But the thought of you and me in the future being together and happy and free of alcohol just helps me out so fucking much, it makes me realize how much I really do love you and how thankful I am for you putting me in rehab," Laurence finishes, causing Garroth to smile and pull his head up so that their lips met.

Once their lips part ways, the short blonde beams with love, "I promise you, my love, you're doing so well and everything you wish you'll have in the future after this, you'll have."

_____________

{7 YEARS LATER}

_____________

"Rosie!" A voice, in detail, Laurence Zvahl's voice called throughout the fairly large house. The small toddler dressed in a deer onesie smiled, hearing her name be called from her father's mouth. She looks over at her other father, Garroth Zvhal.

"Dada!" She squeaks. Garroth smiles and sits up on the couch, properly brushing off his wrinkled shirt and running his fingers through his curly blonde locks. He scoops up Rosemary, Rosie for short, in his arms and stands up to walk over to his husband. Rosie giggles at her fathers actions as she kicks her stubby feet around playfully, now being energized after her and her father's nap together.

"Hello beautiful!" Laurence gasps, taking Rosie in his hold and pecking her forehead. "I missed you, my angel!" He smiles. Garroth giggles and crosses his arms, enjoying the view of his two favorite people. "I was talking to you, baby," Laurence whispers while rubbing up and down the blonde's arm, affectionately.

"Mhm, were you?" Garroth grins, speaking against his husbands taffy pink lips after giving him a loving kiss. Rosie squeals and covers her ocean blue eyes, her baby fingers softly opening a crack so she could peek through and see. Both of her fathers were looking at her with comforting smiles and greeted her with kisses and tickles.

"Whats up bitches— WITCHES. Whats up witches," Cadenza shrieks, covering up her words due to the small toddler in the room who was bouncing on Laurence's hip eagerly as she waited for food.

"Hey Cad—"

"Auntwie cad cad!" Rosie chirps. She pats Laurence's shoulder, signaling him that she wants to be put down. She scrambles to Cadenza after being set on the wooden floor.

"Hey my little reindeer! How are you?" She asks while hugging Rosie tightly.

The little one squeals in delight, "Paaa!" She giggles while twirling Cadenza's colorful hair in between her fingers.

"I know! It looks like lava!" Cadenza cheeps as a smile spreads across Rosie's face. Rosie scrunches her nose and giggles, wrapping her arms around Cadenza's neck and resting her head on Cad's shoulder.

"What's up Cad?" Garroth asks with a kind smile, his arms wrapping around Laurence's chest to pull the brunette in for a loving hug. Laurence smiles at his husband but quickly looks back at Cad as she begins speaking.

"I don't know, I was bored and thought about seeing my lil' reindeer. Speaking of reindeer, how's Rudolph? And how's Santa?" The lava haired playfully cheers with her niece. Rosie grins and swings her hands around while babbling.

"Alright, time for this reindeer to eat her food," Laurence butts in and picks the short chubby toddler up, bringing her into the kitchen.

"Life must be going well for you, huh?" Cadenza questions her blonde best friend, both of them sitting on the bar stools by the countertop.

"Life's going amazingly well for me. I have all I want right there," Garroth points into the kitchen and they both watch as Laurence scoops up Rosie's food in a spoon to feed her, sending her the typical 'here comes the airplane' and laughing as Rosie squeals in delight. Cadenza grins as a ring calls out into the kitchen, where they all are, from laundry room.

Rosie turns in her seat to look at her dad and her aunt, "Taundwy!" She chirps whilst pointing towards the room. Garroth cheers playfully at his daughter, Laurence and Cadenza doing the same. The toddler cheers back to them, clapping her hands and laughing.

"You're right, hun, it is the laundry!" The blonde says, walking into the laundry room to begin working.

"Oh! Why don't I help?" Cad suggests and walks into the laundry room with Garroth, beginning to unload the washing machine.

"Put the clothes that just got washed into the dryer."

"I know what to do, bitch."

"Doesn't seem like it," Garroth laughs and Cadenza rolls her eyes with a grin. They begin laundry with unloading the washer and loading the dryer but piling more dirty clothes into the washer again. As they fold dried clothes however is when Cadenza finally speaks up.

"I'm glad you and Laurence found each other. He was a mess before you," Garroth looks up at Cadenza in surprise at her words, Laurence always seemed like he had everything straight and was always happy.

"What do you mean?" He questions, still puzzled at her statement.

"Well, Laurence was a wreck. He didn't have any one to play the figure of a hero for him, he had to learn life on his own and it wasn't the easy way, you know?"

"What happened?" The blonde continues to interrogate his best friend. She shakes her head with a chuckle.

"He fell into depression at fourteen and had his first girlfriend at fifteen, who later cheated on him when he was sixteen, and while he was sixteen he got bullied and picked on in vicious ways, so eventually he changed schools. He got bullied even worse at his new school so we tried switching schools one more time, but no luck again, since people just loved to pick on my little brother. Soon enough he was homeschooled for 1 year and then he returned back to high school at seventeen for his senior year and later on after college and all of that, he fell into the habit of drinking to relieve the stress and mental pain. So then he met you. You literally made him the happiest and healthiest person alive, so thank you for that," Cadenza finishes her explanation with a genuine smile and walks out of the laundry room, towards the kitchen where a batch of baked cookies rested. Garroth smiles softly as he walks out as well, looking over and seeing his husband and daughter cuddled up on the couch watching Bambi. He walks over quietly and kisses Laurence, giving him a small hug afterwards.

"I love you," He whispers and the brunette blushes with a love filled beam.

"I love you too."