"that day in summer"

ooouuu angsttt

365 days. It had been 365 days since Laurence met Garroth that day in summer. Exactly a year. He remembered every single moment of it, the way Garroth's blonde curls were long and fell over his face when he smiled at Laurence for the first time, or the way his dimples showed off his small giggle that Laurence first heard, or the way Garroth was rubbing napkins into his chest because of the coffee he spilled on him but was just staring into his eyes the entire time.

Laurence also remembered how Garroth's eyes widened in surprise and embarrassment when his girlfriend marched in and told him off.

But Laurence also remembered how him and Garroth shared a laugh over it a couple of days later when they hung out for the first time. Garroth and him went to a restaurant and ate a box full of chicken wings.

And he remembered when they shared their first kiss, months and months after that. It was backstage, a couple of minutes before Laurence had to go out in front of the school for some stupid announcement. Laurence smiled as he thought about the small red blush on Garroth's highlighted cheekbones, as the blonde buttoned up his shirt very slowly that day. And how the blonde wrapped his arms around Laurence's neck in front of his girlfriend and told him to be brave.

Laurence would never forget the feeling in his chest as his curly headed love kissed him on the lips.

Very passionately at that.

Laurence broke up with his girlfriend a few days after that, and got together with Garroth. She said that dirty shits like him 'belonged together'.

She was right, which was partially why he left her. A dirty shit like her isn't meant to be with a prince like him. But a prince with another prince was meant to be, always. That's exactly what he told Garroth the day he asked him out.

He remembered their first time having sex. He was not going to go into detail with that one, at all.

And why?

Well, because he said so.

He remembered lots of things about him and Garroth's relationship. He remembered every single part of it. He just wished Garroth wasn't gone. He didn't know what to do without him here anymore.

His bed was cold every night, and he longed for Garroth's kiss and touch.

He recalled that the blonde's cuddles were oh, so warm.

And he remembered how happy and hot Garroth made him feel. The blonde made him feel so gorgeous, with endless compliments and flirty sentences.

Laurence was oh, so cold now.

He wouldn't talk to Dante. Or to Travis. He wouldn't talk to Cadenza, either. And he definitely wouldn't talk to Garroth.

Well, he couldn't talk to Garroth.
He wasn't able to.

Garroth was gone now, and so Laurence had to stick with talking to his dogs everyday, or writing in his journal. He became a mute at that point, he never spoke to anyone.

Laurence is cutting himself now.

Nobody knows. Not Cadenza, not Dante, not Travis. No one at all.

But he couldn't help but cut himself. He had just lost the love of his life, what was he supposed to do?

He blamed himself for Garroth not being here with him anymore. He blamed himself for every single bit of it. And I'm going to step out of my narrating/author personality really quick and tell you straight up,

It is his fault.
Every single bit of it.

Don't attack me, cause it's true.
At least in this one shot, it is.

Laurence was wishing he could be in a different world. Where he and Garroth could be happy again. Where he and Garroth could be with each other again. Where Garroth could be here by his side again, like he once was, a year ago, that day in summer.

And I know what you're thinking.

Garroth's dead.

You're very smart,

But no. No he's not.

Garroth is perfectly alive. He is perfectly happy. He's perfectly fine without Laurence.

He's even happier without Laurence.

Laurence knew that. He saw it everyday when he saw him in the school hallways. Every single day.

He had all of his classes with Garroth.
They sat next to each other, and every single day they used to bunch up and whisper to each other. Flirting, cracking up jokes, making fun of one of their siblings.

Garroth turns away from Laurence and talks to other people, now. And it's breaking Laurence.

That beautiful blonde was once Laurence's. Once all Laurence's.

But Garroth is dating Aphmau now, and he's one hundred percent head over heels for her. As she is, for him.

He's happy without Laurence.
And he was happy when he was dating Laurence, sure, but you got to look at both sides of the story.

Laurence's side:
He lost Garroth to a girl named Aphmau. And Garroth was happy without him. On Laurence's side, he met the love of his life that day in summer.

But Garroth's side?

On Garroth's side, he was happy that Laurence lost him for that girl named Aphmau. Garroth was so glad to be moving on without him. Because on his side, he met a cheating ex-boyfriend, that day in summer.