4. K A U N - W H O

*%*

Life is a pain. It swallows you up, crumbles you into a bunch of little pieces, tapes you back together and expects you continue living as if nothing happened. The feeling as if someone ripped your heart and roughly stitched it back up, as if, within a minute, the strings will snap off.

Her blank eyes stared out the window, she sighed. She did not know how long it had been since that beautiful unknown man walked in and left her alone.

A while ago a woman came in and had given her some clothes. The clothes she gave to me were very comfortable and beautiful. They were warm and cozy. They made her feel okay. It was a beautiful cream knitted sweater, some black tights, and some cream socks. Her hair was tied into a bun.

Looking out the window, she realized the sun had set. The whole day has passed, and her heart feels empty and filled with hurt.

Maghrib.

A voice echoed in her mind.

Maghrib.

She had forgotten to read maghrib.

She began to feel guilty because ever since she had woken up; she didn't pray a single Salah.

She got up from where she was sitting on the window seat the room had and made her way to the en-suite the room had and made Wudu.

As she completed her Salah she felt so calm, and so at peace, as if nothing had gone wrong. The feeling of not being alone, the feeling of Allah always being by her side made her heart swell.

The room she was in was beautiful. It wasn't too small, but it wasn't too big either. The room had a vintage vibe to it. The walls were covered in a beautiful gray tone. There was a couch in front of the bed. In the room's corner was a beautiful window seat that showcased the beautiful scenery of a forest and a lake. The room was cozy and sweet.

She made her way back to where she was sitting on the window seat and placed her head on the cushion pillows were on it and wrapped the fuzzy blanket that was folded up on the corner of the seat, around herself. As she felt herself dozing off to sleep when the door to the room opened.

A beautiful woman stood there.

Her eyes were a warm shade of brown that held a motherly glaze over them.

She smiled at Haniyah as she made her way into the room with a tray in her hands.

"Salam dolly" her voice was sweet and warm. "Do you mind if I come and sit beside you" she pointed towards the spot next to Haniyah by the window.

Not wanting to speak, she just nodded her head and gave her a small smile.

Smiling, the woman made her way next to Haniyah.

"Mashallah you're even more beautiful than I imagined." She placed her warm hand on her head; the feeling of a protective mother consumed her senses. Haniyah blushed at her compliment.

She laughed at Haniyah's reaction

"My name is Asiya Waheed, and you must be Haniyah?"

Haniyah nodded her head with a small smile.

"You don't talk a lot, do you?" She laughed.

"N-no, I j-just d-don't know w-what to s-say," the nervous girl stuttered out.

"Ah, she talks!" She must have realized a smile on Haniyah's face and just winked at me, that caused a small giggle to pass her through her lips, as she covered her mouth with her hand.

"Here you go," she handed Haniyah the tray. "I heard that you have eaten nothing since morning, eat a little." As Haniyah went to grab the tray, her sleeves rolled up, revealing the bruise from when that man held her wrist.

"What happened to wrist?" Her voice became stern as her gaze fell on Haniyah's slightly bruised wrist that poked out from the sleeves of the sweater. Haniyah's smile dropped as she shook my head.

"Haniyah. What. Happened. To. Your. Wrist?" Her voice was laced with anger.

"A-a man c-came in h-here a-a why-while a-ago and I smart-mouthed h-him and h-he, I t-think g-got m-mad?" She struggled out, as she slowly placed the tray beside her.

"Black hair? Hazel-green eyes?" she asked and Haniyah nodded my head.

"Aaban..."Asiya whispered under her breath.

Aaban?

"So I'm guessing he informed you about the exchange your father made last night with my husband?" she questioned.

"Exchanged made l-last night?" Haniyha sat up straight. Her heart was beating so fast. She was afraid it would just jump out of her chest.

"your-"

"That enough Asiya" Haniyha jumped from the voice that spoke from the door which had startled her.

There stood the man who angered yet she felt intrigued towards. Her heart began to beat even faster than before. There was just something about him.

Asiya stood up from where she sat beside me and walked up to Aaban.

"I expect the poor girl to know about the exchange her family made last night, then I want you to make your way to your father's office." She turned around and gave Haniyha a small sympathetic smile and walked out

"Did you eat?" His deep voice spoke from where he stood, as he stared at the tray beside Haniyah

She avoided eye contact with him, nor did she want to say anything to him, so she just shook her head, as if she was saying no.

She heard him sigh

"Look, I know you don't want to be here," Aaban started, "but think what could have happened to you weren't here safe with me you-"

Who the hell does this man think he is?

Haniyha looked up at the man with disbelief, and before she could stop herself the words slipped out of her mouth.

"-You abducted me" She cut him off and immediately her eyes widened and her tiny hands covered her mouth.

Not expecting the sassy reply from the woman, a smirk made his way onto his face.

She really doesn't know who he is. Her father really kept her away from the truth, he thought bitterly.

"Not me, my second hand" He smirked as he leaned against the wall.

Confusion filled Haniyah's mind, and that confusion got a better of her and once again she couldn't stop herself from talking.

"Who are you?"

Aaban looked at her with a cocky expression that made Haniyha want to punch the expression off of his face.

"The son of Shoieb Waheed, Aaban Zaveer Waheed."

*%*